Chapter 21

TW: mention of needles and blood

Alessia

I  could practically smell the worry coming off Lorenzo as he stood at the edge of the ring.

When Lorenzo's worried, then you know it's something worth worrying about.

And that. That made me more nervous.

As soon as his friend recommended that we fight, I noticed as he became tenser. 

Honestly, I don't even think she wanted to fight me for "fun", I have this feeling she wants to prove something. To someone. And that someone being Lorenzo. The thought of her needing Lorenzo's approval for whatever reason, causes me to feel anger rise up my spine.

"So you guys going to start or just stand there and look pretty," Antonio says, rudely breaking me out of my trance.

Victoria nods her head at me indicating that I should start. I glance back at Lorenzo, seeing him turn around, shaking his head.

I brush it off as him just being overly protective, then raise my fist in a ready position and slowly make my way toward her.

Instead of aiming for her head first, I swing at her ribs, causing her to lean forward, off guard.

I take that as an advantage, swinging an underhand, pushing her back from the impact.

She looks up at me, now, practically with fire in her eyes, and launches at me, tackling me, and pinning me down onto the floor of the ring.

Okay, I guess it's fuck the rules then.

I flip us over causing me to straddle her, and use my elbow to keep her chest down. She lets out a grunt of anger, and thrusts her hips upwards, pushing me over her head, and causing me to land on my back with a thud.

I close my eyes feeling pain start to cover my entire body. I take in a deep breath and stand up, collecting myself.

After we both take a second to catch our breaths, we walk toward each other and start throwing lazy punches.

Fuck this I'm done playing tag.

I throw a right hook with my remaining energy and miss as she ducks and swings her last punch to my abdomen.

Right where my wound is.

Immediately I fall back from the impact, my legs unable to hold my weight anymore.

I scrunch my face in pain. I can't seem to catch my breath. I couldn't breathe. It made me
panic, feeling almost as if  I was reliving my encounter with Antonov.

I turn my head and see Antonio and Dominick jump up from the bench and rush toward the ring. I try sitting up to already feel Lorenzo's hand on my shoulder, lightly trying to keep myself sitting instead of hurting myself further.

"I'm fine, it's nothing," I say wincing, now standing up completely. Disregarding Lorenzo's slight plea.

"Alessia I told you that you're hurt" Lorenzo states with an edge to his tone. His eyes are full of worry as he looks back and forth between Victoria and I.

"I thought you would have gone easy on her" Lorenzo says angrily, eyebrows scrunched.

Victoria looks at me and smirks, shrugging her shoulders as if nothing happened.

"Lorenzo I can handle myself" I reply frustratingly.

"Yeah clearly" He states with a snarky tone.

Excuse me.