Chapter 5

Lorenzo

Grabbing my gun from the drawer in my nightstand, I quickly rush downstairs, panic rising within me. My father, being the type of guy who is rarely even afflicted, continues to shout, causing my worry to amplify. As I reach the end of the stairs, I can feel the heavy beating of my heart as I take in the sight of whats in front of me.

Shards of glass cover the floor, while pieces of gravel are scattered.

There was an explosion.

A small one to say the least. Instinctively, I hold up my gun, being prepared for the worst.

"Lorenzo! Help your mother!" Father shouts, with desperation in his voice. To my left, I notice that he's being held down onto the floor, his face being forced against the white tile by three heavily armed men, while my mother is tied up and held at gunpoint by non other than Antonov.

Tears were streaming down her face, while letting out small whimpers of pain. My father was trying to break free but quickly failed as one of the guards pushed his head back down with aggression, giving him more restraint.

"Ahh, this must be the one and only Lorenzo Romano" Antonov spoke up. As I approached him with anger, I felt the heavy metal of a rifle held against my head.

"I wouldn't move if I were you, or else poor little mommy gets her head blown off." He continued, almost in a laugh. What a fucking psycho.

"Drop the gun, unless you want Adrik to end it all." He states with a nod of his head.

Slowley, I crouch, sliding my gun over to him. He kicks it away with a sly smirk on his face.

"Good. Glad you know how to follow orders. Although the the other one is more feisty. I think her name was..." he pauses for a moment "Alessia?"

Alessia? What is she, a fucking idiot? Why the hell is she associating herself with them. She knows this man is fucking dangerous. She could get hurt.

"A little birdy told me that you guys have been getting...off topic rather than doing your jobs. But I don't blame you, she does have a pretty face. Oh and that mouth hers, mmm does she know how to use it. " He continues, with his dark russian accent.

"Antonov...if you don't shut the fuck up, I will personally tear you apart limb from limb, and hand you over your little minions over there." I state with dark tone.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's nothing I haven't heard. Trust me Lorenzo, she's said the something along those lines, but it involved my dick, and I mean I'm not complaining but-"

He quickly stops mid sentence as I charge towards him, forgetting about the gun to my head. With a smooth indication of his hand, a few of his guard's grab ahold of me, pulling me back.

A small smirk starts to appear on his face.

"Ooo, she's a touchy subject isn't she?"

Anger starts to boil inside of me. Who does he fucking think he is, talking about her like she's something other than mine. She is mine, and mine only. Mine to hunt down, mine to kill.

"Not a touchy subject, I just don't like others playing with what's mine." I reply, locking eye contact with him.

"Fredek!" Antonov shouts, "Hold up Leonardo, I want him to witness what's about to happen."

My father tries to pry his way free from the guards as they raise him to his feet. They successfully hold him still, forcing him to look our way.  Antonov then continues, still not breaking eye contact.

"Lorenzo, here's the difference between you and me. Im one to stick to my word. How many times have you told your father that you would succeed at killing Alessia, hmm? If I recall correctly, you swear each time, that you will get her next time after. Now, earlier I told you if you moved I would blow mommy's little head off." He slowly raises the gun to her head. My mother lets out another whimper while trying to break free as more tears meet her eyes, in realization at what's about to happen.

"No" I say in a mere whisper, completely stilled. He nods his head yes with a stupid fucking smile on his face.

"Like I said Lorenzo.. I always keep my word."

The second he finished the sentence, he pulled the trigger. I watched as her life drained from her eyes. At that moment everything stilled. As if the earth has stopped spinning. Everything became quiet, including my fathers screams. All air seemed to leave my body. An overwhelming amount of tears meet my eyes, and streamed down my face. In the blink of an eye, I felt a painful amount of anger rise within me.

"I'm going to fucking kill you!" I shout lunging towards him. I throw a punch to his face, causing him to fall backwards. The guards run over to me and yank me back. I swing my arms trying to break free, but it's no use.

Antonov gets up, walking towards me. He dabs off some of the blood from his busted lip and smirks.

"I'm going to have fun with this"

He starts throwing a series of punches, causing me to slightly fall back. His guard's hold me up, as Antonov now switches over to my torso. I start to get dizzy as the air gets harder and harder to breath.

Wait, where the fuck are our guards?

He pulls out a small knife and rips open my shirt. He drags the blade across the right, upper part of my chest, drawing blood. I let out a hiss of pain and he continues marking along my body. He drops the knife and roughly grabs ahold of my face, forcing me to look at him.

"Now, you better remember not to fucking attack me again because I promise, I have much bigger knives. You're playing with fire Lorenzo. Step back before you get burned."

I let out a small chuckle. A hint of confusion and anger appears on his face.

"We all get burned playing with fire Antonov. You just haven't noticed that my whole body is already in flames."