Scylla 8: Winter

tw: ( this part contains physical abuse, and if you're not comfortable reading this, you can freely skip this chapter. You're mental health and safety is more important )

"Father!" The young girl shouted with glee while making her way to the man. She's holding a bouquet of flowers in her tiny hands. Her eyes were sparkling with joy by just seeing him.

The man she called didn't even bother to stop walking, completely ignoring her. She tried to follow and reach her father steps, but his strides are fast enough for her not to catch him up.

"Young lady!" The maid came running to her with a worried face.
"You shouldn't have run like that, Young lady. Baka madapa ka at masugatan," saad pa nito at tinignan ang buong katawan niya kung may galos o sugat na natamo.

Relief was evident in the maid's eyes when she was done examining her, but it immediately replaced with sympathy when she saw the tears streaming down from the face of the young girl.

"Why are you crying again, Young lady? Did someone hurt you?" The maid asked and caressed her hair. But the girl just shook her head and wipe the tears forming in her eyes. Her father would hate her more if he saw her crying.

"Father just ignored me again, Nanny. Maybe, he's really busy," Saad nito at nagsimula na maglakad pabalik sa garden habang bitbit-bitbit pa rin ang kumpol ng bulaklak. Pinilit nito pagaanin ang kaloob-looban niya kahit alam niyang walang mapaglagyan ang kabigatan ng pakiramdam niya.

He never talks to me or even glance at me, I am also your child, father.

I woke up with a bitter face, this is the first time I dream about that man. Sumandal ako sa head board at kinontrol ang paghinga ko, seeing the face of that man again in my dream is torture. Hindi ko alam ba't kailangan kopa mapanaginipan ang munting alaala na iyon na matagal ko ng binaon sa limot.

"Pathetic girl," I mouthed while thinking about it, I used to run to him every time I saw him. Kahit sobrang layo ay tinatawid ko ang daan para lang masilayan o mabati ang aking ama na kahit kailan ay hindi ako kinilala at tinignan man lang.

And it's ugly, that version of me is so fucking desperate and pathetic. If I could just turn back the time, I would slap my younger self. I shouldn't have begged for love and attention from him, he despises and hate me. That's enough reason for me to stop asking and doing everything for him just to acknowledge me.

I was known as the forsaken child, lagi akong pinaguusap-usapan sa loob ng minor. Alam kasi ng lahat na hindi ako pinagtutuonan ng pansin ng aking ama, which is the Duke. May pagkakataon na pinagkakaisahan ako ng mga maid namin, hindi pinapakain o binibigyan ng pagkain na malapit ng mapanis. Ngunit tiniis ko lahat ng iyon at piniling manahimik.

Ayokong makarating iyon sa aking ama, ayokong isipin niya na dagdag alalahanin pa ako o nag-iinarte ako. Iniwasan ko ang mga bagay na tingin ko ay mas lalo pang ikaka-ayaw niya sa'kin.

But you see, I was foolish, young, and hopeful. I know that he would never look at me no matter how good I am in my etiquette and other class, he would never look at me even if I am in a life and death situation, he just wouldn't look.