Scylla 1: The Dark One

"Adrienne, the dark one."

I was forsaken in a very young age, my father throws me out and choose his mistress over his own child.

They say I bring bad luck everywhere I go. I guess, I'm very unfortunate in this lifetime. I begged to my father to keep me from our household, even just a maid or a slave. But with disgust and conviction written in his eyes, he left me in a filthy road with nothing but a scarred heart. Engulfed in cold and complete numbness.

I silently take all the beatings and shouts I received on that household, ang iba't ibang pangungutya at pangaalipusta na dinanas ko ay mistulang kinasanayan na ng aking sistema tanggapin.

I became a beggar, I don't have anywhere to go. Swertihan na lang kung makakakain ako sa isang araw, kapag hindi biniyayaan, titiisin kona lang ang gutom at pagkauhaw.

I lost count on how many times I tried to reach my father and begged him to accept me— since I am his child, but he always look at me with indifference and shame. I was born out of wedlock, my mother was a maid in my father's mansion. I was the hidden child. Dahil nga hindi sina-sadyang nagdalang tao ang aking ina ay napilitang panagutan kami ng aking ama. Pinili ko maging bulag sa katotohanang walang pakialam ang aking ama sa'min ng aking ina, pero lahat ay mistulang isa-isang nag bagsakan sa'kin nang mamatay ang aking ina. Simula noon, wala na ako naging kakampi sa mundong ito. Lagi akong mag-isa at pinagkakaisahan.

"Don't call me father, I don't have a child as dirty as you. Go away, you insolent being! You're such a disgrace!" His hurtful words lingered in my mind to the point that it imprints in my memories. The moment my own blood says that to me, it feels like I was cut in many pieces. My soul shattered and I can't breath from the excruciating pain he gave to me.

And on that day, I start existing with hollow spaces within me. I start to live each day with fear crawling in my heart because of the trauma my father caused me.

I still remember how my father's mistress smirk at me, as she looks down on my being. Kitang-kita ko ang kasakiman at pagkatuwa niya habang pinapalayas ako ng aking ama sa pamamahay nito. I'm powerless. I turn myself numb from all the physical and emotional abused they've cause me. I was only a child, yet they ruined me.

Inayos ko ang damit kona maihahalintulad mona sa isang basahan, wala akong karapatang mag-inarte dahil ito lang ang mayroon ako. I bit my lips when I accidentally touch the bruises on my arms, it's starting to turn into a different shade of purple and black. Simula sa talampakan hanggang sa mukha ay punong-puno ako ng galos at sugat, taimtim akong napaiyak habang pinagmamasdan ang mga ito na nagsi-silbing lamat ng mga pinagdaanan ko.

Eventually, I stopped begging and asking for grace. I cut everything that connects me with him and go somewhere far away where nobody knows my name.

I tried to find a living, but since I was a child, no one hired me and they don't trust homeless kid like me. I grew up in the street, naging kabisado kona ang pamamalakad sa lansangan. Sinanay ko ang sarili ko sa hirap at pagtitiis.

Habang namamalimos sa kalye, hindi nakakatakas sa aking paningin ang pandidiri at disgusto sa mga mata ng mga mararangyang tao na dumadaan o nakakasalubong ko. Sanay na ako. Ano pabang bago? kung maka-asta sila akala mo ay may nakakahawa kaming sakit o magdudulot kami ng epidemya.

Nasanay na ako sa naging takbo ng mundo, kung sino ang may pera sila ang nasa itaas. Habang kaming mahihirap ay nasa ibaba. They rule this world filthy and greedy, it only revolves around money and fame.

The Emperor and Empress is just a piece of shit, isama mona ang ibang maharlika. They only care about themselves, they didn't do anything to fix the system or to keep the balance and prosperity in this Empire.

At first, I have so many questions that keep running on my mind. Bakit ganito ang sistema ng Imperyo? Bakit hindi pantay-pantay ang tingin sa bawat-isa? Bakit ganito nila kami tratuhin? Until I get tired from asking. They can't treat us fairly because we don't have something they have; power, wealth, and fame. The system only benefits and favored them, dahil sino ba kaming mahihirap sa kanila? We are just a speck of dust. A dirt of society.

Death is the fairest thing in the world. And aside from that, there's no fairness in this domain.

Until one night, I manifested my ability by chance. I can manipulate the darkness according to my will, I sway my hands in graceful motion as I control the alluring darkness.

The darkness has become my companion since then, the one who witness the hardships and obstacles I face in life. I embrace it with open arms because it's a part of me that I should accept.

Sa nagdaang taon, nakahanap ako ng titirhan sa tulong ng aking abilidad.
I smiled mischievously as I threw the pocket of gold in the mid-air and when I saw some knights patrolling in the coast. I quickly turn on my way para hindi masalubong ang mga ito and I blend into the shadows.

Naging malaking tulong sa'kin ang aking abilidad para mabuhay sa araw-araw. Hindi naman siguro kawalan ang mga ko-konting pera na ninanakaw ko at mga purselas dahil babalik naman agad ito sa kanila dahil mayaman naman sila. But I stop from stealing and do some decent jobs when I reach in my right age.

Years have passed, I don't have any news about my father and his mistress. I used my mother's maiden surname and completely vanish in their life. But the trauma is still here. The abused and pain I've experienced was still etched in my mind. This is the worst part of healing, dealing alone with all the damages and issues. While them? They moved on and live happily, fulfilling their lives without being held accountable for what they did in the past.

Maybe, for them, it's history now. But for me, whenever I close my eyes, it all comes back clearly. It hurts, it hurts a lot. I'm still bleeding from what happened to me in the past. I wasn't loved, I was forsaken. And this thought always haunts me every day.

I look at the moon hanging and illuminating in the night sky. There's always something enchanting about the moon, despite its imperfections and scars, it's still shone brightly as if it didn't go in so many phases.

"You're lovely." I said still admiring the moon. I always dwell in darkness, I also have inner scars and flaws, but just like the moon. I hope I can shine brightly amidst my darkness and war.

——

New story yay! ♡

Another adventure, another mystics. Let's escape and sail 'till we reach the horizon and touch the stars.

I'll try my best to be consistent in updating, busy na nga ta's nagawa kopang maglabas ng isang story lol.

Vote and comments are highly appreciated!

hecate.