𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

Începe de la început

Cove's Cafeteria.✨

It was somewhat... distracting.

My eyes darted over to the entrance, dropping on her. I watched as the familiar-looking girl strutted into the cafeteria in the company of another girl.

She was wearing the school blazer today though, it wasn't buttoned. Her white shirt wasn't fully buttoned up and her skirt seemed shorter. Her overly glossed lips moved swiftly as she conversed with the light-skinned girl beside her.

I tried remembering her name but it was Moi-Moi that kept coming to my mind. Guess her name never really stuck anyway.

"That's Moi-Moi, right?" I asked, absentmindedly, nudging my head towards the dark-skinned girl's direction.

"Huh?" Zee spoke up after a while and I sighed.

"Moi-Moi," I answered, not taking my eye off the girl who was now walking towards Jasmine's seat.

"Moi-Moi? What the hell are you saying?" She stared at me bemusedly, her eyes followed mine till they landed on whom I was asking about.

She turned to me, staring at me with shock and disbelief plastered all over her face.

"For goodness sake, it's Maureen, not Moi-Moi," She groaned unable to hide her amusement. She chuckled afterwards and returned to her food.

I shot her a disgruntled look and shifted my attention to Jasmine's seat, again.

Boy, I have never felt this irritated in my entire life. It's how Jasmine was openly snubbing Maureen Daye for me and the mum was still trying to have a conversation with her!

Bitch! Take the fucking hint and get the hell out of her face.

God!

Was she that desperate to get any ounce of attention from her? Girls like this, irritate the crap out of me.

I mean, Maureen Daye was really pretty. Like, pretty. If only she'd stop trying so hard. Somehow, I felt pity for her. I didn't know why.

Probably because I knew what it was like to keep trying so hard to be accepted. Heck, I knew what it feels like and really, it isn't worth it.

Stop trying to fit in because eventually, you won't. Been there, done that, lessons learnt.

The other girl that accompanied her looked quite uncomfortable. I could tell by the occasional shuffling of her feet, how she was wiping her palm on her skirt and glancing around each second. The faux smiles weren't left out either.

She didn't want to be here...

Her eyes met mine and she froze. She legit looked like she wanted the ground to open up and swallow her.

She looked nervous.

I figured my expression was probably starting to scare her off. I smiled a little not to throw her off balance completely. She looked like she was going to shrink to the ground.

She didn't waste a second, she tore her gaze off me sharply.

I turned to Jasmine who was questioning a junior. The little girl looked like she wanted to pee her pants and the sickest part, Jasmine was enjoying it!

What kinda sick person was this? She had this look of triumph on her face. Suddenly, I couldn't hear a thing anymore, I could only see her mouth moving.

All sounds felt distant.

I snapped out of it after a while only to discover that Chizaram had been calling me.