S2, Ep. 2: Chapter 14: A Much Needed Confession.

A/n: Enjoy.

3RD PERSON POV:

Jack and Clementine enter the lodge. Jack thinks about what Clem said, and wasn't sure what to do in the morning.

On one hand, he could go with Clementine and the cabin group, assuming she chooses to leave with them, but risk never seeing Kenny and Chuck again.

On the other hand, stay with Kenny and Chuck, and risk never seeing Clementine again.

But that would have to wait as he spots Luke hiding behind a column near the cafeteria. He and Clementine approach Luke, noticing a very concerned look on his face as he spoke in a very hushed voice.

Luke: Jack. Clementine. Don't freak out.

Jack: Okayyy.....

Luke: Listen, okay. I gotta tell you somethin'. That guy on the bridge.....

Luke hands Clem a framed photo of Walter and.....oh no.

Luke: ....was Walter's friend.

Matthew was the man Nick shot at the bridge!

Jack: Oh fuck....

Jack did his very best not to freak out. He actually tried defending Nick shooting Matthew, and now he felt terrible.

Luke: I knew something was off, so I asked Sarita about their friend. Now they're all worried he's not back yet...

Clem: Where's Nick?

Luke: I don't know!

He holds his head in his hand as he thinks of what to do.

Luke: I don't think Walter knows yet. So we have to keep this quiet. I mean, who knows what the hell he'd do if he found out....

Jack looked at Luke as if he was insane. He did his best to remain quiet as he spoke.

Jack: What!? We can't just keep this secret, Luke! Are you fucking crazy!? We gotta tell Walter!

Luke: He's gonna ask who did it. And you're gonna tell him?

Jack: It's wrong to do otherwise, Luke. He'll find out anyway, so we may as well spill it ourselves before he finds out himself.

Luke: So it's "right" to get Nick killed? Because that's what's gonna happen, Jack.

Jack: Not if we explain ourselves, dammit! Use your head, Luke. Either we talk to him about it on our own terms, or he finds out himself and jumps to conclusions and assumes we're cold-blooded killers!

Luke sighs, and looks at Clementine.

Luke: Now, do you still have that knife? Because if it was Matthew's, and Walter sees it, he's gonna put two and two together.

She nods.

Clem: It's with the other weapons.

Luke: Okay, well, go get rid of it. And I'll find Walter and run interference. Oh, and, uh... keep an eye out for Nick.

Jack: Did you not hear what I just said, Luke? We have to-

Nick walked up to the bickering trio.

Nick: I'm right here. What's up?

Luke: Oh, uh, i-it's nothing, man. I just wanted to check and see if you're okay.

Nick: You comin' to tuck me in?

He chuckles.

Luke: Yeah, yeah, somethin' like that.