S1, Ep. 2: Chapter 9: More Lessons

A/n: The readers have spoken!

By the way, Jack will have a break from Kenny after this and after another scene two chapters from now because other characters need attention too, and y'know.......Kenny got a LOT of attention.

Anyways, enjoy.

3RD PERSON POV:

Jack: Ok.

Kenny smiled at Jack's approval.

Kenny: Alrighty then. Lee, you should watch over the others. If y'all hear anything, hustle over. We may need help.

Jack and Kenny walk towards the station. They notice a large "SURVIVORS INSIDE" sign painted onto the roof. Kenny began listing off survival tips.

Kenny: Alright, first thing's first. Never ever search a place you've already searched unless you know for a fact there's somethin good left inside.

Jack ran ahead to the door leading into the building. Kenny caught up, smirking.

Kenny: Secondly, while I admire your enthusiasm, when you have others with you, don't leave anyone behind. Anyone.

Jack looked down.

Jack: Oh, sorry...

Kenny pat Jack's shoulder.

Kenny: It's alright, bud. You'll get the hang of things when you're older.

He tries to open the door, but it's locked.

Kenny: Damn. Locked....

Kenny tries kicking the door down, but it failed...

Kenny: Hm...

Looking up, Kenny notices a window above the door open.

Kenny: Another tip, use every detail of the place to your advantage.

He turned his back to Jack and knelt down.

Kenny: Climb up. Maybe you could take a look through that window there.

Jack: Ok.

Jack climbed onto Kenny's back as he lifted Jack up. Jack opens the window further and tries seeing into it.

Kenny: See anything, Jack?

Jack: No. It's too dark.

Kenny: Hm. Kicking the door didn't do anything. Maybe we could get Lee. Wait, no. Last time I had that idea, back at that dairy, I sounded racis-

*Click*

Jack: Got it!

Kenny: Really!? Holy shit!

Kenny picked Jack up off his shoulders and put him down.

Jack: There was just a latch holding it shut.

Kenny: Damn. I guess these legs ain't what they used to be. Either that or that's one strong latch!

Kenny opened the door as the duo entered. The second Kenny let go of the door, it shut by itself. The room was pitch black.

Kenny: Dammit. We need to find something to hold the door open...

Jack: I can hold it open.

Kenny: Alright, but I'm gonna need your help, so first I'll have to find an object to use as a doorstop.

Jack held the door open to let the light in.

Kenny: Now, what to hold the door with...

He spots a small box.