S2, Ep. 1: Chapter 4: Pain

A/n: For those who seemed to not know, the list of potential love interests for Jack was not, I repeat, NOT a vote, but rather just a list. Nothing more, nothing less. As for the actual decision vote, the readers have spoken!

Also I forgot to put this in the last chapter, so I'mma put it here.

Clementine is grateful that Jack opted to remain in the shed with her (Relationship [Clementine] +)

Enjoy.

3RD PERSON POV:

Jack: Ummm.....yeah. sure. We can be....friends, I guess...

Sarah: Promise? It's important. Friends have to trust each other no matter what.

Jack looked at Sarah even more puzzled. She's about his age, and living in a world that can only be described as hell on earth, as Kenny once said, and she somehow managed to retain this childish innocence....

Sarah: Do you promise or not?

She sighed.

Sarah: Alright, fine. I get it....

She looked a bit sad, but...

Jack: Ok. Promise.

Sarah holds out her pinkie. This time, Jack couldn't help but smile a bit, despite all that's going on. He actually missed small, childish things like this. It reminded him of before. When everything was normal. He linked his pinkie with Sarah's, thus cementing the promise. Sarah smiles.

Sarah: A pinky swear is forever.

Jack and Sarah are now friends (Relationship [Sarah] + +)

Sarah: I'll see if I can find the stuff my dad uses when I get a cut. Lemme look around...

She looks around her room for something helpful.

Jack: How old are you, exactly?

Sarah: Fifteen.

His eyes widened. She was quite older than he expected. He kind of thought she'd be closer to his age, which was twelve. Not that it was a big deal.

Sarah searches the room and then gives Jack a bottle of peroxide.

Sarah: I think this is it.

Jack: That'll work. Thanks, Sarah. You have no idea how much this means to me.

Sarah: You should probably go now before my dad finds you. We'll both get in trouble.

Jack: Don't worry. I'll get outta your hair now.

He goes to the door and opens it.

Jack: Thanks again.

Sarah: Shhh.

He leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

Jack: Okay. I better get to Clementine. I hope she's doing ok.

He sneaks out of the house and returns to the shed.

Moments pass, and Jack had taken out the stuff needed to fix up Clementine's arm, as well as a juice box for moral support. Both of them may need it.

Jack had decided he'd be the one to stitch Clementine's arm.

Jack: Oh God....

Clem: This is gonna suck....

Both took a turn sipping the juice box. They needed it.

Jack unscrews the lid of the peroxide and pours it in Clementine's wound, then drops it upon hearing her screaming in pain.