Chapter 2

Scarlet hurried into the prison chambers, glad to see that the guards transporting her special guest were not there yet, wanting to make an entrance and surprise her champion when she was alone. This was very exciting, after all! She turned to the guards who stood beside the door, not wanting them to listen in on their private conversation, she turned on her queenly charm...

"You two, out." She demanded,

The prison was empty, so there was no real point of them being there, other than keeping the castle safe and secure from any intruders or assassins, or worse, scavengers. Of course, they had no choice but to agree even if the prison was full of bad dragons. "Yes, your majesty." One said

"Right away." Said the other. Both guards nodded and turned to the gate, flying away. Placing the guards out of her mind, she poked her head out to watch for the Sandwing. She had so many plans for this dragon, she would have many entertaining fights. She could discuss all of the things she wanted to see him do to his challengers. She'd bring in armies of dragons to fight him, maybe even scavengers or lions! Ooh, this is going to be so thrilling! Just then, the doors opened again, and three guards entered, the Sandwing behind them. She quickly ducked back out of sight, listening as the cell was unlocked, followed by claw steps. After a few moments, the cell door slammed shut, locking again. Hearing the doors open and then close shut, Scarlet knew she was completely alone. Getting into a more queenly posture, she approached the cell, locking onto the Sandwing as if he was a goat she would pounce on and devour. It took the Sandwing a moment to notice her, and when he did, she expected his expression to change. Every time she would confront a prisoner, they would show a different emotion. Was it hope? Curiosity? Maybe anger? But this time, he only kept a straight face, she was used to this as well, but she knew deep down they were hiding their true feelings.

"Well... That was quite the show you put on there, wasn't it?" Scarlet said, tapping on the bars to get his attention.

The Sandwing met her gaze and smiled, revealing white teeth, "You seemed to enjoy yourself. The whole time I thought you were going to fall off that platform with how much you were leaning."

She forced a chuckle, although, in reality, she found that comment quite funny, yet a little embarrassing. "What can I say? I like a good fight." She said, maintaining her composure. "You know... Many dragons would often bow in the presence of a queen, you know that, yes?"

He smirked, "I can tell you're here for much more than to toy with me." He said, his forked tongue flowing out of his mouth. "What is it that you want? Come to warn me about my future demise? Because if you are, I already know about your firescaled champion."

"But of course, everybody does. What can I say, she is quite thrilling, isn't she?" Scarlet chuckled, she loved to say that word with her queenly tone.

"I suppose if you find burning dragons alive amusing, then yes, she is. I've heard many things about her. Strong, talented, not bad on the eyes either, but none of my business." He said, "I always knew that if I got caught, I might end up here, and soon... Die at her claws."

"Well let us just say that soon, if you cooperate, you might be the one to be performing that deed, of ending lives every day~"

"What are you saying?" The Sandwing said, confused.

"What I am saying, Sandwing, is that you provided the arena with a battle the entire KINGDOM won't forget for quite a long time. You are creative, strong, brutal, you know how to do what my current champion doesn't: Make an opponent suffer long and hard, keeping the audience at the edge of their seat. You, Sandwing, do things I've never seen others do before. You see this life-or-death situation and treat it like a game. I like that."