Chapter 5: Don't I know you?

Start from the beginning

The others were silent for a second, but Cole said "Sure. Now that we know that you wanna get back to fighting, why don't we see what you can do?" He asked. I wasn't surprised that he brought that up, I knew that seeing what I could do would come up eventually.

I folded my hands behind my head, stretching "Sure, why not?" My arms fell back down to my side, and I looked around at the others. "I can't guarantee that I'll be the best, because two years of not fighting an opponent sure can do something to elemental powers. So don't expect anything that's a 10/10," I told them. In the past two years, I have been practicing with my powers, but it was just me trying out some moves with my powers in the forest a couple of miles from Jamanakai Village. I also did quite a bit of kickboxing, but it was never against an opponent, so i would need to get used to that again.

"That's fine," Lloyd assured me "We've all got to get rusty at some point in our lives," I had to disagree with him, not everyone got rusty. I only did because of the break I took from fighting. I'm guessing that he was referring to them mostly, and from listening about them in the news and all of those things, it doesn't sound like they were getting rusty. "We've got a place where we train sometimes where you can do your magic."

"It's actually quite nice, to be honest," Kai pitched in.

"That's good," I smiled as they took me to this place that they were talking about. I was looking forward to fighting them, beating an opponent always gave me a good feeling. I knew that I probably wouldn't be able to beat them all, if any, though. I knew about Lloyd, and their was no way in hell that I could beat him. I wasn't exactly sure about the other four, but I'd sure push past my limits to show them what I could do.

They took me outside to a place that looked as if they did train their a lot. There were various weapons around, along with some training equipment. It was awesome, it makes me jealous! I looked around at the weapons, and saw my signature weapon, a Kusarigama. Walking away from the group, I approached the weapon and smiled "I can't believe you have one of these! I'm totally badass with them," I admitted, trying not to brag. I've never come across many people who have used them as well, so I was willing to bet that they weren't that popular compared to others such as swords and daggers.

"Really? Then we should spar with weapons. I'm great with nunchucks, you see, along with a handful of other weapons, including "Jay started to say, until he was elbowed by Kai. He coughed "Anyways, why don't you spar with us, using hand-to-hand and powers, so we can see what you can do."

"That would be a good idea," I heard from behind me, an unfamiliar voice. I turned my head to see a guy, who appeared to be made out of metal. "Dear god!" I jumped back a little, looking him in the face. "Who are you?"

"I'm Zane, Elemental Master of Ice. And you must be the Elemental Master of Wind, correct?" I stared at him for a little bit longer, until he apologized "I'm sorry if I scared you."

"It's fine," I insisted, while the others chuckled a little. "Um, nice to meet you... Zane."

"Now that you've met Zane, why don't we get to that sparing?" Cole suggested, recovering form a laugh. I kind of laughed to, because the others were laughing, so why now? I knew that it was from my reaction, I would have laughed as well, so I wasn't mad on little bit.

I nodded "Sure, I wouldn't mind, not one bit," We decided that I'd go up against Jay, then Zane, Kai, Cole, and finally Lloyd. I knew that even if I didn't beat them, that I'd have fun doing it. It'd put up one hell of a fight, but I wouldn't try to hurt them. If I was going up against an ally, I wouldn't be as hard on them as I was on my enemies, but I'd still put 110% effort into it.

The others moved back off of the area where people seemed to spar in this place, leaving Jay and I facing each other. We shared a smirk, both obvious confident we'd win. "Good luck," He said, holding out his hand.

I shook it, saying back "Same to you, we'll both will need it," I promised.

We stepped back a few feet, and faces each other again. I looked around, thinking about what I'd do. Now that I had a few seconds before we actually started, I had a little time to think about what I'd do. I took a deep breath before hearing "Okay, go!" Nya yelled, and Jay and I were already at it.

Less than a second after she said go, he already made a move. He held out his hand and a bolt of lightning came flying at me, but I quickly dodged it. "Gonna have to try harder than that!" I taunted him. He turned to me again and ran at me. He attempted to tackle me, but I kept my hands out and grabbed his fists "What are you trying to do?" I questioned him "Tackling me will do you no good."

"All that matters is if I try!" He insisted, when I forced him back a little with a soft gust of wind. Now, three feet apart, we let our elements form around our hands. "Eat this!" He yelled when he let lighting come at me.

A little hit me, sending a shock through my body. I shook my head to snap myself out of the daze the shock left me is, growing "Still, you're gonna have to try harder than that," I got up and made a fist, and ran at him. I managed to punch him in the face, knocking him down.

He stopped himself with his hands and say their on his knees. I stood above him, wind forming around my fist once more. "Okay, now, now I'm mad," he said under his breath as he hit lightning back at me. It hit my wind filled hand, and for some reason, the pain was significantly less than before. I guess that the wind was counteracting his lightning, because I was just standing there and the lighting seemed to be doing nothing to me. I finally took my find and hit him with a big gust of wind, making him stop.

I stopped as well, and stepped back a foot as he sat up. "Do I win or what?"

He slightly nodded, rubbing the back of his head. "Y-Yeah, I guess you wind this round."

I stared at him for a minute. Was that a pun? Yeah, that was pun. One very, verg cheesy pun. I looked over at the others, who were all staring at him too. "okay, bad pun Jay," Cole said what we were all thinking.

"Hey, I think it was quite a good pun, if I do say so myself."

Don't worry Jay, there's plenty other times to strike a good put," I told him, holding out a hand to help him up. When he grabbed it, I pulled him up. "And sorry if I went a little overboard there."

"Nah, it's fine."

"Okay, if you insist," I took a moment to stretch, then turned to Zane and rubbed my hands together "Okay, looks like it's time for us to fight now. Can't wait," this was going to be good, just like the last fight, I knew it.