A tear escapes my eye and he quickly wipes it.

"It was nice to meet my in laws." He smiles at everyone before attempting to lead me out of the house.

"No." Matteo shouts pulling me back to him.

"Take that fucking ring off I made you a promise. Take. It. Off. I'm not about to watch you become property." He pulls me away from Santino.

This is the first time a wedding deal has got so far as to me actually meeting them and there actually being a ring.

This is my fate.

I need to do it for Matteo.

"Amara." Matteo says in a warning tone.

"It's okay." I tell him and he shakes his head.

"Is it fuck." He argues. The tears pour out of my eyes. I'm stronger than this, normally anyway.

It's been a rough couple of days and I'm tired. He can't be worse than what it is here. Unless he's a hitter, shit I didn't think of that. But if I don't leave there's a chance he'll hurt Matteo.

"Matteo." I cry and he just shakes his head.

"She's staying, she's not going anywhere with you." He pulls the ring off of my finger and throws it at Santino's head before pulling out a gun himself.

"I will kill you." Matteo warns.

"Gio. Take Amara upstairs and help her pack her shit." Matteo says before pushing me into Matteo.

"No."

Guns are brought out and everyone is pulling me in their direction.

"Gio." Matteo doesn't turn or break his eye contact with Santino.

"Angelo." Santino says and I groan.

Gio holds me to him and takes me upstairs before anyone else can get to me.

He shuts the door and pushes my vanity against it.

I don't even know what I'm packing for.

I get my suitcase and just start throwing shit in it. Every time there's a gun shot downstairs I flinch. This is my fault.

"What the fuck is going on? You're in an arranged marriage?" Gio asks and I just nod.

"They've been trying for a while but Matteo was always able to stop them." I shrug. I throw my clothes and makeup into the suitcase.

"I don't need anything else. I've got some stuff at Matteo's place." I assume that's where I'm going anyway.

Gio takes my suitcase and moves my vanity so we can get out. I glance around my room before following him down the stairs.

"Lovely." Santino says.

Gio puts my suitcase down and holds me behind him.

"Amara." My mom says coming to the steps.

"You're going to go with Santino." She tells me and I raise an eyebrow.

"Where's Matteo?" I ask.

"Doesn't matter." Santino says reaching his hand out for me.

"I should see Matteo before I go." I tell them and they look between themselves.

"Matteo!" I shout.

"Gio move out of the way. This has nothing to do with you." My mom says.

"No." Gio says putting me under his arm, grabbing my suitcase and pushing through everyone.

We make it to the door but unfortunately Angelo was blocking it.

"Let's not." Gio sighs. He takes his arm from around me before picking my suitcase up and hitting Angelo over the head with it.

"What about Matteo?" I ask as we rush to Matteo's car.

"Do you know how to drive?" He asks and I nod.

"Good. Drive to that hotel you stay at. We'll meet you there." He tells me he throws my suitcase on the back seat.

"But Matteo will kill me for driving his car." I admit.

"I don't think he will." Gio glances at the house before pushing me into the car.

"Go." He says. Doesn't have to tell me twice.

I immediately drive off and head for the hotel.

I don't check in, I just wait in the parking lot with the seat reclined all the way back.

I just sit and wait for them.

****
It's been hours. Literally hours. It's so late and I'm starting to think they've forgotten about me. I don't have a clue where my phone is at all.

There was a knock on his window and I have to squint to make out Matteo's face.

I unlock the car doors before diving out of the car and into him.

"Are you okay? What took so long?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"I'm fine. We just talked. You hungry? We should go get some food and then head to Jax's place." He says and I raise an eyebrow.

Wait.

Where's Gio?

"Oh my god. Is Gio dead?" I ask and he laughs.

"No. Gio is also driving to their place. He dropped me off, I thought I'd drive you and we can get some food." He says and I just nod.

I walk around to the passenger seat of the car anf we drive to a McDonald's.

"Anything in particular you want?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I'm not hungry." It's true.

How can he eat? I'm feel like I'm going to throw up.

"You're eating something, you haven't eaten all day." He pulls up to the window and starts ordering food for the both of us which we eat on the way to Jax and Gio's place.

I don't finish my food I feel violently sick.

Matteo helps me out of the car and then we head inside, he doesn't knock we just head inside.

As we do Jax, Gio and their fathers turn in my direction.

"You okay?" Uncle Vin asks Matteo.

"We're fine." Matteo smiles down at me. It's a reassuring smile.

"You tired?" Matteo asks and I shake my head. I'm far from tired.

"Why are we here?" I whisper to Matteo.

"We need to talk." He tells me.

He looks over to Jax and Jax nods at him.

Matteo leads me over to a sofa and once I'm sat I look around as Jax and Gio follow in.

"Is this about Santino?" I ask and Matteo shakes his head.

"Not the main reason but we need to talk about him too." He tells me and I just nod and wait for them to start talking.

"I'm moving to New York." Matteo tells me.

My heart drops.

Pain.

Pain.

Pain.

That's what he meant by leaving. He's moving. He's leaving me here in Italy, to go to New York.