34

I drove for quite some time until I remembered a perfect spot for this evening, a beautiful spot where the panorama of our city looked amazing in the evening. As we were nearing the spot, I started feeling a bit nervous, like the realisation that she is actually sitting in my car with me, finally hit me. I put my car in park mode and turned to my right to look at her, while she was already looking out.

"Gale, this view is amazing" she breathed out and closed her eyes.

Yes, my view is amazing too, nah just joking, that is waaaay to cliche to say, I kept my mouth shut and just smiled.

"Yeah.. give me a second, alright?" I said as I exited the car. I went around to the other side of the car as she was looking at me confused. I poked out my tongue, and a few seconds later I opened her door. She rolled her eyes and I saw her biting her cheek, like she was hiding a smile. I started walking to the empty benches and thanked the universe in my mind that there were no people here at this very moment. Whenever I would come to this place, all of the benches would usually be occupied, some of the people would come here for their first date, some of the people would come here to say goodbye, and as we were nearing the benches I wondered, why were we here? I felt Ida softly pulling my hand, as I turned around I saw her macking a childish frown as I raised my eyebrows.

"I am cold"

"Oh? Do you want to head back to the car?"

"No"

"No?"

"I want you to warm me up" she announced unbothered, as it was something that I should've done automatically.

"Yeah, that's not happening. I can give you my jacket if you want, I guess?" she rolled her eyes and sat on the bench.

"Whatever, Gale"

I joined her shortly after and looked to the city in which I grew up in. After some time, I rested my arm on the back of the bench, and Ida took it as an invitation to scoot closer and rest her head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, not happening" I said as I carefully shoved her back to her previous position.

"Oh come on, Gale, what happened to you? Don't you like physical touch?" I stayed silent. "Well, actually when thinking back to our high school days, I would almost need to force you to give me a hug, you were always awkward with physical touch stuff"

"Yeah no shit, sorry for being awkward around my crush and getting all nervous whenever you would decide to hug me" I said and she laughed.

"No way you liked me back then"

"Of course I did, why would I be awkward?"

"I don't know, I just thought you were awkward, nothing else to be quite honest."

"Oh fuck you..." I rolled my eyes and started laughing.

"So does this mean that you still like me? I can't think of any other reasons why you would refuse to warm me up"

"No, I just want to teach you a lesson to wear better clothing next time" she slapped me playfully.

"Come on, Gale, I am actually cold, warm me up, please?" she looked at me with puppy eyes as she bit her lower lip.

"Eghhh, fine, come here" I extended my arm as I shoved her gently to me. "You know, we need to talk about it.

"I know, I know. I just want to stay like this for a few minutes, alright?"

"Of course, Ida"