33

I've been staring at my phone for the last few hours, contemplating if I should call or not. Thousands of different thoughts were running through my head. Should I toss a coin that would decide the outcome of my action? Or maybe I should wait for some sort of sign from the universe before making the call? This overthinking made me exhausted and I sat down on my bed. I closed my eyes and counted to 10 slowly, promising myself to do whatever I feel like whenever I counted to 10.

As my thoughts were closely coming to 10, I started to feel somewhat anxious, but anxious in a good way. Like when I would wait for exam results knowing that I did well and that I aced my exam, or when I would know that she would show up any minute. I took a deep breath as I started calling the number I'd been staring at for quite some time now.

"Hello?" her angelic voice spoke softly.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked casually like I wasn't on the verge of throwing up because of the nervousness of calling.

"Gale..." I heard as she sucked in her breath and some other sounds like she quickly stood up or something. "I am doing we- I mean, nothin'- Just watching a movie" she stuttered and I smirked into the phone, it was weird hearing her stutter or not knowing what to say like she always did.

"Oh cool, what kind of movie?" I asked and did not get any response for a few seconds "Ida, you there?"

"Sorry, I - well technically I was about to watch a movie, but then I started watching tik toks and then you called, and -" she sighs into the phone "I was just watching tik toks"

"Ah, I see, well I was about to go for a drive and was wondering if you wanted to join?" I waited patiently for her answer but did not receive any. "Emmm, I'll take it as a no, I guess?"

"No, no, WAIT. Yeah, I would love to join you, but I need to get ready"

"Ready? You'll just be sitting in the car, I don't think you need to get ready, just jump into some sweats and let's go"

"Pick me up in an hour," she said.

"Bu-" she hung up the phone, and I was left staring at my phone screen once again.

Great, now I have one whole hour to overthink and stress myself out.

__________________________________________________________

As I was scrolling through social media, I heard a soft knock, as I turned my head to the passenger's window, I saw Ida smiling innocently at me. I looked at her confused as I rolled down the window.

"Are you not getting in?" I asked as I tilted my head.

"I am waiting for you to open the car door for me" she mimicked my voice and mirrored my head tilt.

"I am not doing that."

"So they are right, chivalry is in fact - dead" she sighed and got in the car.

"Don't tell me you are expecting flowers as well or something" I teased her, trying my best to pull myself together and act cool in front of her. To act like I am not mentally screaming and fangirling that she is sitting in my car. She bit her lip and turned around to check the back of the car.

"Oh, so no flowers? Damn, this is a really shitty date."

"Date? I thought we were just hanging out" I shot back.

"Oh."

I started driving the car, although I was not quite sure where I should drive to. After a few minutes, I realized that we were not making any small talk, and when I turned to Ida, I caught her staring at me which made it awkward.

"Emm, do you want to play some music or something?" I asked.

"Oh no, I just loooove sitting here in awkward silence and almost hearing you overthink"

"I am not overthinking anything"

"So you are just nervous around me? I can see your hands clenching the wheel."

"Oh come on, I haven't driven a car for some time, so I am just trying my best to keep both of us safe."

She giggled like a small child and focused on the road.

"All right, so where are we going?"