27

After spending the whole day/evening with my parents, I decided to go to bed early since I was still pretty tired from the flight. It was strange coming back home, even though I lived there, I did not feel like it was my home anymore.

The following day Bas told me some of our friends will be meeting by the local beach to grill and hang out in the evening, something that I actually look forward to doing. Since my mom and dad went to work, I was by myself until the evening and I quickly realized I wanted to take a walk. I looked at my phone for some time not knowing if I should call the person, I thought about calling or not. Before I could overthink, I quickly dialled the phone number.

"Oh wow, I never thought I would see your name pop up on my phone again. Hi Gale"

"Hello, Edward. How are you?"

"I am great, how are you?"

"Well, I thought maybe we could meet up if you are available and grab some coffee or something?"

"Sure! I have a day off today and lucky for you, zero plans. Will you be ready in an hour? I will come and pick you up."

"You know me, I don't need an hour to get ready, but alright, I will be waiting."

"See you."

I saw Edward pulling up by my house after an hour, he stepped out of the car and leaned by it as I was locking the door.

"Hello there," I say as I walk towards him.

"Hello to you too," he says back as he hugs me. "Wanna go to our favorite place?"

"Yes please"

Ed drove us to our favorite coffee place. Since I was good friends with his sister, he know that I had moved to another country, but wanted to give me space so he never texted me.

"You know, I will always be grateful that you broke up with me."

"Why?"

"Because I became toxic and even though I knew that I hurt you, especially on your birthday, I was afraid of losing you. I know I was selfish, but I loved you. Thank you for having the balls to break up before I became worse"

"I don't think it was your fault, Ed. I think we both felt safe with one another, but at the same time we were clearly not meant to be"

"How's your dating life?" he asked.

"Oh, I just have three boyfriends and two girlfriends, pretty hard keeping them a secret, but everything is fine otherwise, what about you?"

"Wait for real??"

"Pfft, of course not, Ed" I playfully shoved his face.

"But you like girls now?" oh shit, I totally forgot that I never came out to Ed.

"I mean, I go with the flow, I guess?"

"Oh no," he announced dramatically as he buried his face in his hands.

"Ed? Are you okay?"

"You know that you are my third ex that came out after breaking up with me. Am I cursed or something?" I started laughing out loud.

"Wait wait, noo, Ed, I-" I still could not stop laughing.

"At this point, I should become a monk. Damn it's brutal. Know I know for sure that I am the problem."

"I am sorry, Ed"

"No no, it's not you, it's clearly me. If you want to, I can give you the phone numbers to one of my exes, I heard she is single"

"Please don't."

As our order was called out, I went and grabbed coffee for the both of us while Edward was still trying to analyze what he is doing wrong in his life. We started once again casually chatting and catching up until Ed shut his mouth and squinted his eyes.

"Ey, Ida, right?" Edward shouted through the whole coffee shop. I froze. This cannot be happening. I heard a soft laugh and footsteps approaching us. "Hello, Ida, how are you doing? Long time no see" Ed casually began a conversation with her. I'm fucked.