32

For the past few days, I have been completely offline from social media, and to be quite honest I do not remember the last time I used my phone. I wanted to spend some time with my family as they will once again travel for a few weeks because of their business. I spent most of my free time reading new books that I've saved to my "soon to read" list. Finally I have time and no excuses as of why I could not read those books. As I was curled up in the soffa I heard a slight knock outside. I went to the first floor and saw Kevin standing outside. He had a pleading look in his eyes, as if he was afraid of me not letting him in. I smiled softly while I was opening the glass door.

"Well hello there, stranger. What are you doing here?" I asked curiously.

"Hey, Gale. Is this a bad timing? I hope I am not disturbing you."

"Of course not, Kevin, come on in." I said, as I turned sideways and invited him in.

I lead him into the living room as I offered him something to drink. When I returned from the kitchen with two glasses of water he shifted in the sofa nervously.

"Kevin, are you okay? Sorry to say this, but you look a bit off."

He scratched the back of his neck while looking around the living room.

"Look, Gale, I just wanted to come and apologize for how everything turned out the other day at the beach."

"Oh. It is alright, Kevin, you have nothing to be sorry for. I don't think you were the one who organized this whole 'parent's trap' plan." he smiled softly.

"Well now I am kinda offended that you think I am not capable of doing such thing." he said teasingly as I playfully nudged his shoulder. "Gale, I know that we have never been best friends, and I will never be someone as close to you as Seb is, but just know that I care for you, yeah? We went to same school and same class, Gale, so we kinda grew up together, so I will always appreciate you, Seb and Ida, okay?" I sometimes forget how sweet Kevin can be, even though he looks like a macho, he is really sweet inside. I am 100% sure that one day he will make some girl really happy.

I put my arm around his biceps and squeezed gently, as to make him realize that I feel the same way about him. "Kevin, even though we are not talking all the time or hanging out one on one, please know that I greatly appreciate you, and if you ever end up in trouble call me. Like seriously, I would help you hide a dead body if it ever came to that." He relaxed into the couch and shot me a goofy smile.

"Sooo, do you want to tell me what's going on with you and her?"

"What do you think is going on?"

" Oh come on, I saw your interaction at my party, when you were speaking in tongues with my cousin, although I was confused since she came to the party holding Frank's hand"

"I don't even know what to say, Kev. Everything is so confusing to me as well. She was always just a crush, you know? Like I had already accepted my fate as her being someone I will always try to find in other people, and then suddenly one night she gives me hope that after all, she had some sort of feelings for me as well, and then the next morning she tells me it was a mistake. I-" I sigh really loudly, almost feeling a headache, the sort of headache that makes me think my brain is not capable of explaining it since I am just as confused as everyone else.

"I honestly do not know what is going on. I want to get over it. I mean.. I want to get over her and this situation."

"I won't sugarcoat this, Gale, most of the girls are confusing, and honestly I mean that. I know this might sound stupid and you will think that it is a bad idea, but I think that you should talk to her, I think you need it just as much as her."

"I know and I think that I want to? But the whole incident by the beach made me pissed, since if I wanted to talk to her, I would've reached out, and this whole "plan" made me freaking mad"

"When are you leaving?"

"In a week or so, I wanted to stay here longer, but being here makes me sad, I don't know how to describe it. It feels like I want to go home, even though this is my home, you know? I grew up here and not there, but I am not myself here anymore."

"I am sorry to hear that, honestly. I can't imagine how strange it may feel, but whatever happens, please know that we will always be waiting here for you, whenever you feel you want to come back here, ya know?" he stood up "Listen, I have to go and drive my brother to his football game" he put his arms in the air as waiting for me to give him a hug, and I gladly did so.

"Promise me, Gale, before you leave you'll meet up with Sebastian, alright? And if you feel up to it, try to meet up with her as well, she probably has a lot to say as well."

"I will try my best, Kevin. Thank you." I squeezed him tightly, as of almost pleading him not to go. This was such a nice gesture of him, to come by and have a quick chat without pressuring me to talk with anyone, just advising me to do so.