||~𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔗𝔴𝔬~||

'If you need me, call

'If you need me, call. All you have to do is say it and I will have you pulled from the mission Atsushi'

'I know Hotaru. But I can do this. Please let me do this'

'I never doubted you, Atsushi. I know you can. I just want you to know I will come if you call for me. If you don't want to continue I will finish this for you. I will blow that ship sky high and obliterate everything'

'I know you would. Thank you'

Hotaru's eyes open as the view of Dazai sitting in a chair before a large screen greets her. Her eyes flicker down to her phone as information flashes across the screen from Rokuzo. Her fingers tighten around the metal and glass object irritation flooding her.

Yes, she fully believed that Atsushi was capable of completing this mission. Yes she had full faith in his skills despite his lack of combat experience. It still didn't mean she had to like it. Her desire to be the one to destroy the Guild was strong and she could barely contain her bloodlust. She would just have to leave this to her little brother despite everything in her screaming at her demanding she wipe out the clear threat he faces.

"Hotaru" Dazai's voice brings her out of her thoughts as he uses her name for once. Hotaru's eyes lock with his that stare at her from the reflection of a dark screened computer.

"I had a question to ask you about what had happened that night when we fought Lovecraft"

"What do you want to know, Dazai?" Hotaru asks, wondering what he could be asking about.

"The scars on your back... They are just like Chuuya markings. The very same ones that appear on his skin when Arahabaki is active" Dazai says and watches carefully as Hotaru's gaze hardens with suspicion.

"What about it?" Hotaru carefully questions trying to figure out just what the crafty man could be leading up to.

She knew he was digging for information on her. She also knew he had made some assumptions pertaining to her markings. No one knew of their origins, not even the one who caused them due to her guarding that fact with almost as much ferocity as she had guarded her brother's connection to her.

She never even told the man who had betrayed her and broke her heart and she had told that man many of her secrets before she killed him. Though now her old enemy sat before her questioning it and she knew she was about to tell him something no one else knew. No one but Kaito and Soseki knew. The very reason she was branded by Arahabaki's markings.

"I know you have noticed the constant shield that envelopes my form. Am I correct in assuming you may have figured out what it does?" Hotaru counters his question with one of her own.

Dazai narrows his eyes at her wondering if she was going to change the subject.

"I deduced it was an energy manipulation ability of sorts. Though much of your ability doesn't make sense from the way I watched it interact that night I assume it was this"