||~𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢~||

~Fifteen years ago at a facility near the bay of Yokohama~

Shouting could be heard as eight year old Hotaru sneaks through the shadows, her vibrant lilac eyes taking in the many government workers rushing about.

Armed men rush down the hallways between the scientists and she scans every one of them trying to find her contract. Pouting as she comes up empty handed she slips into the next area where she sees a door guarded heavily by two guards.

Smiling, she twists her features into that of a traumatized child and steps out of the shadows clenching her hands in her dress.

"What the hell?" one of the guards says staring at her bewildered.

"How did a child get into here? Is security really that bad right now?" the other asks and walks towards Hotaru kneeling down before her. "Hey there little one. How did you get into this place?"

Hotaru sniffles and looks up, her mouth pulled into a grin making the guy's eyes widen. Before he can say anything else Hotaru slashes his neck open and holds out her other hand using her ability to crush the other guards windpipe.

She stands up and looks down at the suffocating man that slowly turns to ash and waves before grabbing his eyes and opening the door. As she steps inside her eyes adjust to the dim light. Her brow furrows as she sees a strange setup of tubes and wires that all go to a figure that lies in what looks like a hospital bed.

Hotaru scampers over and slips through the bars of the cell and peeks at the boy that lies on the white sheets.

Ginger hair sits messily upon his small head and brushes his shoulders. His skin is fairly pale and would be on the border of being sickly in its tone if not for the ominous red glow beneath its surface. Accompanied by the glowing there seemed to be bands of light with inscriptions on them that wrapped around every exposed surface of his skin like chains binding him.

"You're beautiful" Hotaru whispers as she reaches out to touch him. Gasping her fingers light up gold when they come into contact with the softly glowing band. Jerking back she stares at her fingertips that slowly fade in color then looks over at the boy with awe.