0.1

[edited Sep 10, 2023 (written Nov 23, 2022)]

     It was another boring and lazy afternoon, and an orange man slowly drove down the streets to make it to work. He was in no rush to make to the building, even though he was over an hour late for work. But he was too drained to care, cause he knew that once he stepped into the building that he'd be stuck in the same loop like always...and be yelled at by his boss. He kept driving till he finally made it to the building - now standing at the doors of the restaurant.
     The man sighed as he messed around with this puffy, curly orange hair to neaten it out. He knew that once he stepped inside there he'd have to deal with his hell of a boss and be forced to clean EVERYTHING in the pizzeria as punishment, but also because they needed everything to be straightened up for tomorrows grand opening.

     Finally, after making some built up courage, he pushed one of the glass doors to the side and slipped inside the building, landing in the main party room. The flash of a red phone head from across the room caught the orange man's attention... responding to which by ducking down to avoid being spotted and ran straight to the "employees only"room, which hid in a narrow hallway at the back of the pizzeria.

     Walking down the hall, he'd glance at the different doors until he found a door that was a slightly hidden from its saturated color that slightly matched the wall. Taking a deep breath, his hand rested on the doorknob and mentally prepared himself to meet the man on the other side - who was the only reason why the orange male came back to the joint... or possibly because there was a second reason, but he'd decide that later.
     Pushing the door open slowly, the dim, flickering lighting of the hallway slowly flooded the room and revealed a shadowed figure in corner of the room, who seemed to be tampering with a suit. The suit looked like a darkish-yellow colored bunny, the dark color could have possibly been from the dull lighting and some of the grime from the already moldy room.

     The figure quickly turned their head to reveal glowing white pupils that stared creepily at the orange males, who's glowed back at the others. There was the sound of something clattering to the ground as the figure rised from the floor, standing still for a bit before slowly approaching the male.

     "Why hello there, Old Sport! Long time, no see?" The man gleamed as he stepped closer so the dim flickering light shown on him.

     He was a tall and very slim fellow, raised to about 6'4, with long and messy hair that fell past his shoulders and down his back. There was a scruffy goatee placed on his chin that looked freshly grown, possibly grown out sometime this month. His eyes looked hollow and empty, but the glowing pupils in his eyes gave it life as they shined like tiny beacons while he stared at the shorter fellow, a wide smile on his face. He wore the exact same thing as the orange male, except his buttoned shirt was purple and his badge was more of an obese T-shape then a regular rectangle. Not to mention, he was also a secondary color like the other male, except a purple color.

     "It's nice to meet you too, Dave." The orange man smiled at the taller man, who smiled back with a creepier and wider smile, both now shaking hands. "So, why are you working in the dark? I can barely tell what you're doing inside here."

     "Oh, well phone face hasn't turned on the electricity for the room yet, and I'm used to working in the dark," He paused, glancing back at the suits before grabbing the shorter man's hand and dragging him deeper into the dark. "I've just been fixin' up the suits so they don't break on us, Sportsy!"

     The aubergine gleamed as he showed off the suits. They looked way better than the ones at the other location, and this time they actually looked appealing for children. The tangerine smiled warmly at this.

     "They do look better than those moldy ones from the last joint... but I can't help but miss Cool Cat. I have so much fond memories of him."

     "Awh. Well, with this, you can make more memories with this golden bear suit!"A skinny but long hand rested on the orange man's shoulder, patting him softly before rubbing his shoulder slowly before it came to a stop. "Old Sport?"

     "Yeah, Dave?"

     "I..." Dave hesitated a bit before he looked down at the short orange man, seeming a bit nervous. "It's so glad to have you back here. Say, I have an amazing idea..how about we slaughter some kiddins again?"

     "Awh, Dave, I don't know.."

     "Sportsy, please? Just like the good ol' days, just you and me! And after, we can burn this place down and go to Vegas! After we shut this place for good, we'll finally be free Old Sport! We won't have to come back to this stupid fuckin' place ever again! Wadd'ya say?"

     The orange man thought a bit before making a smug grin and staring up at the aubergine.

     "How could I pass up a perfect opportunity?" He slyly said, looking up at the taller man who had the hint of excitement glow in his eyes.

     "That's the Old Sport that I know!" Smiling back, his arm wrapped around the orange males shoulders. "Now, let's go celebrate! I heard that the chef keeps some alcohol in the fridge. He doesn't drink, but he sure does like distracting the parents with a nice cold can so they aren't complaining about a kid eating mold."

     They both laughed together as a response to what Dave said.

     "Quickly, Old Sport, grab the beer!" Dave whispered shouted, crouching down behind a booth an idiot and acting like he was on a spy mission. The tangerine smiled and went along with this, getting on his hands and knees and crawling to the kitchen sneakily. The ground was somehow already covered in layers of dust and dirt, despite it just being cleaned yesterday... Oh, and don't forget about those weird bugs that skutter around the building.

     He made it to the fridge, grabbed the beers, and quickly crawled back to Dave, who took the drinks right out of the orange male's hands and stood up.

     "Good job, Old Sport! Now, let's go before we get caught." They both turned to leave before... Awh man, not Phoney!

     They both stopped in their tracks when they noticed Phone Guy staring them, Dave held the drinks behind his back to keep them out of sight as their boss approached.

     "Hello, hello? Jack, you worried me! I thought you weren't coming in today because something was wrong. You never answered your phone." Jack (who appeared to be the name for the orange male) passed a glance over to Dave before looking back at the phone-headed man.

     "Oh, I didn't realize. My phone died on me and I forgot the charger." This was an obvious lie, but Phoney didn't seem to really mind.

     "Well, I'd like it if you'd try to at least check in with me first before wandering around next time, ok?" Jack nodded at this.

     "Yeah, sure. I'll do that next time sir." He sarcastically said, fake smiling at the phone. If the phone could smile, he would, but he only responded with two thumbs up.

     "Great! Now, make sure everything is ready for tomorrow. I'm rooting for ya!" His focus turned to Dave, which he repeated the gesture to. "You too, Dave!"

     They both nodded and smiled at him, putting on a friendly face before he walked away from them. When he left, they dropped the fake smile and replaced it with a different smile, one that was way more sinister.

     "Let's do somethin' more interesting then cleanin' like a bunch of maids!" Dave smiled wide while holding out the drinks and presenting them to Jack, as if it was a grand prize he won from those television game shows, which technically was. They were going to use it to celebrate before they set the place on fire, their chance at freedom from Freddy's.

     They knew that they'd wouldn't have to rely on each other anymore... which is a good thing, right?

     ....Right?