0.5

[edited Sep 10, 2023 (written Nov 25, 2022)]

     The sound of an irritated person clearing their throat and tapping their foot in a rhythmic and fast pattern alerted the half-rabbit half-eggplant awake, his eyes slowly coming to focus on the upset phone who stood in front of the sleeping pair, who had his arms crossed in annoyance.

     "Dave, Jack, get the hell up and stop sleeping around. You guys can rest later, but for now, get up. I'm about to open this place and we need you guys out there to supervise the kids." The phone spoke in a serious tone, the obvious sound of annoyance mixed with it to shape his current emotion that you couldn't read on his plastic dial face.

     "Sorry Phoney, we've been up a bit late cause Old Sport couldn't sleep. He felt sick." Dave spoke quietly, as to not awaken the sleeping tangerine that rested against his shoulder. The phone's head slowly shifted as he glanced between the tired color duo before letting out a sigh.

     "Look, I understand, coming into work while feeling a bit under the weather sucks. But I'd like if you two were still present. So, if you can, find a way where Jack can rest but still be available to the kids. Ok?"

     "Yes, Scott..."

     "Good! Remember, I'll be to the side and rooting for you guys." Scott brought up both of his thumbs in encouragement before he left the room to do whatever phones do, leaving the two people in the suits alone. Dave's attention went back to Jack as he stared at his sleeping face for a minute or so before gently patting the side of the orange's face, who let out a tired groan in response.

     "Sportsy, get up." He spoke quietly as he continued to pat his face gently, stopping once Jack finally opened his eyes.

     Jack quietly yawned, his yellow paw rubbed his eye carefully as he whipped away some sleepy tears, looking back at Dave in a groggy state.

     "We've gotta go to work."
     "But I wanna sleep...!"

     Jack would fight with Dave for a bit before finally giving up and allowing the purple man to help pull him up to his feet, sliding the suits head on with him to complete the suit. The rabbit dressed man grabbed the wrist of the bear dressed man and guided him out of the room to the main dining area, where they stood against a wall beside a token machine. Jack slumped against the machine and stared tiredly at the returaunt doors, waiting for the snot goblins to start rushing inside. Dave stood close beside Jack with his arms crossed, eyeing the doors as well while wondering why there was a token machine right beside the kitchen. Yet again, you shouldn't question any of the logic here.

     They stood there for what seemed like forever before they noticed "Scott" walking up to the doors and opening them up for the first group, allowing a small group of kids to rush inside while parents sluggishly followed after. After the last amount of people that waited outside fully walked in, he closed the doors so nothing else could just waltz inside. Of course, he kept the doors unlocked for the others.

     The phone person immediately taped some paper to the door for incomers, which most likely said something like: "Open for grand re-opening". The guy didn't have any banner or sign in front of the doors to signal that the place was open... the posted hours didn't count.

     But, besides the lack of a giant sign or poster stating the opening of the location, the colored duo knew that the place was going to get more packed in the next 30 minutes.

     The kids ran around a bit, exploring the new establishment before the parents finally made them settle down at the tables, which was completely useless once they spotted the two yellow animals hung out by the machines across the room. Thankfully, Dave was nice enough to be the one to occupy the kids while Jack got the orders from the parents. But the real challenge came once the place got more crowded with larger families, which was a blessing because the suited twins wouldn't be easily noticed now by the sea of people. So, they elaborated a plan.