1.9

[27th of July - Los Angeles]

They'd been back a few days and all it felt like Calum had done in that time was return favours, he hadn't even left the final show when the texts started pouring in asking if he was free on this day or that. Between those messages, he and Ashton had been texting pretty consistently; the younger man having a few days off before he had to go back to promoting his next tour.

Ash

You should come by today if you're free; I have interviews the rest of the week otherwise

I'll make time before the show tonight

Okay, excited to see you ❤️

Me too ❤️

And Calum was excited to see Ashton; he had assumed that the younger man's schedule would be the problem, not his own. Honestly, though, he hadn't thought all that much about what their relationship would be like outside of touring, he hadn't meant to end up in a relationship.

With several hours between then and the show he made his way to Ashton's. Phone sliding across the dash of his 2002 Suzuki Ignis as he tried to follow Google Maps directions by sound alone. Chuckling to himself as he realised his car was just scarcely younger than his boyfriend, maybe if he went on the European tour he could replace it. 

As he pulled up at Ashton's he craned his neck out over the steering wheel, trying to decide where exactly he was supposed to park. He'd expected it to be similar to Luke and Sierra's, and the style of the house was the same, but the property and house were a lot bigger. A long driveway pushed the house back from the street, and ended in a horseshoe, so guests could easily cycle in and out, no backing out here. The house was however smaller than those of the neighbours on either side, which soothed him. 

He'd had to press the button on the callbox to even get to this point, and without having to say a thing Ashton's excited voice had chirped,  "you're here! Just park in front of the house," the line had gone dead after that and he'd crept up the driveway. That had been when he'd seen the horseshoe end and been glad Ashton had told him where to park. 

Parking in what felt very much in the road, he squeezed his car as close to the front steps as possible, so hypothetically a very careful second car could move past him on the horseshoe. 

As he climbed from his car and mounted the first step he heard the front door open, and Ashton appeared, with a broad smile,  in sweatpants, a hoodie, and pink fuzzy slippers. It brought a smile to Calum's face. All soft edges and barely kept hair, he looked easy like this, easier than Calum had ever seen him, and that sparkle- no twinkle that danced his eyes was there as he bounded down the steps toward him.

"You're here!" He said happily,  and it was one of the moments he let himself be surprised by how much more open Ashton had become with him, "I was starting to think I would have to book some studio time to see you," he laughed.

Calum exhaled a laugh, meeting him halfway up the stairs, hands finding his hips, too dangerous he thought, bringing them up to circle around his waist. It was starting to feel more and more right holding him like this. 

"I would love to have you in the studio," he hadn't meant it to come out in a thick purr, but Ashton was getting better at playing this game. He pressed a kiss to his cheek, and considered pulling back, but let himself drink in the closeness a little longer, he was an adult if it got beyond teasing he'd put a stop to it, he reasoned. 

Ashton hummed, giggling, he clearly hadn't missed the wanting in Calum's voice, "Yeah? You've got me all to yourself here," the way he said it had Calum wanting to groan into his neck. Ashton had this very interesting quality of knowing exactly what he was doing and somehow having no idea what he was doing to Calum.