•ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ•

Start from the beginning

"I just don't understand why you're giving up on us before we even have the chance to see if this could work, I mean things are going well for me too I could probably figure something out and come down to LA." I say through my tears

"I just don't think it's going to." He shakes his head

"But we haven't even tried Matt." I stand up more angry now than upset 

"MAYBE I DON'T WANT TO TRY ANGELINE!" Matt shouts also standing up and looking at me for the first time

I take a few steps away and look at him in shock. Matt has never ever yelled at me and he promised he never would. 

His face immediately softens and he speaks "Fuck Ang I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell at you." He takes a step closer to me

Before he can get any closer I hold my hand up signalling him to stop. I shake my head and look at the ground for a moment trying to get myself together a little bit. I don't wanna stand here and try to fight for something he's already given up on, I'm just making myself look stupid. He yelled at me, he broke his promise. I can't forgive him for that.

I look back up at him tears continuing to pour down my face. 

"I guess this is it then." I choke out

It seems like the reality of the situation finally sunk in for him and I notice tears start to slip from his eyes. I've seen Matt cry before, but never like this. I've never seen him look so heartbroken, but then again, so am I, and this is his fault. 

He slowly nods his head and opens his arms to me. I debate it for a moment but accept the hug, once I'm in his arms I let out a sob and so does he. This is the last time I will get to hug him, the last time I'll be able to smell him. It's the last time I'll be this close to him again.

My arms are wrapped around his waist and I have his hoodie balled up in my hands, I have my face buried in his chest and am for sure leaving tear stains all over the front of his hoodie. 

I take one last moment to savour the warmth of his embrace and the comfort that comes along with it. 

I force myself to let go, knowing the longer I stay the harder it'll be. I look up at him and take in his features for the last time. Tears are still flowing down his red cheeks and his eyes are all puffy but he still looks absolutely beautiful. My heart aches knowing it's the last time I'll get to look at him like this. 

"Goodbye Matt." I barely get out

"Goodbye Ang." He says almost a whisper

I turn and walk out of his room, hoping he'll regret it and come running for me. He doesn't. I walk down the stairs of the house still a mess, once I reach the kitchen Chris is still in there sat at the island, he snaps his head up when he hears me and an immediate look of concern runs across his face. He shoots up and runs over to me. 

"Ang what happened?" He asks placing his hands on my shoulders 

"Matt broke up with me." I choke out and collapse into his arms 

"Nick!" Chris shouts towards his room

I hear Nicks door open and feel him beside me. 

"What happened?" He asks concerned

"Matt broke up with her." Chris speaks for me

Nick doesn't say anything but instead joins our hug. I can feel them both rubbing my back and trying to comfort me any way they can, but it doesn't work. Nothing works because I only want him. 

"I think I'm just gonna go home." I sniff letting go of Chris

"Ang are you sure you can drive right now?" Chris asks

"I'll be fine, I'm not far. I'll text you guys when I get home." I say

"Okay, listen Ang if you need anything call me. I'm serious anything at all. I love you." Nick says pulling me into another hug 

"I love you Nick thank you." I say pulling away

"Come here." Chris says pulling me back into him "I love you Ang and I'm so sorry. Message me any time, I'm not disappearing from your life just because you're not dating Matt okay? You're still my best friend."  

"Thank you Chris, I love you." I respond "I love you both. I'll see you guys soon." 

They both nod and I turn out the door. Potentially for the last time in my life. I don't know if I'd ever be able to come back here after all the memories I have, and as much as I love Nick and Chris I just don't know if I'd ever be able to step foot in this house again. I climb into my car and look up at the house for one last time and wipe my eyes before pulling out of the driveway, leaving behind my best friends and the boy I love. 

I write: PART ONE IS DONE!!!! Part two characters will be published shortly :)

Also I apologize for this chapter lol.... it hurt me to write it ngl