•ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ•

Song recs: Last first kiss- One Direction

Angelines pov

Me and Matt have just left dinner, it was so nice to have a day with just him. Don't get me wrong I love hanging out with Chris and Nick but today really showed me how much I want to be with Matt. I mean I've always known but I feel more ready now, like I'm positive we could actually work out together. 

Dinner was great, we ate at this restaurant in the city I had seen but never been to, it had always seemed too fancy for me. I don't know how we got a table it seemed full in there. Matt and I both got the same meal, like always, fettuccine Alfredo. I have to say it was some of the best pasta I've ever had, like definitely top three for me. Matt payed even though I put up quite the fight, he had already bought me the vinyl earlier and I knew the food would be expensive. But he still wouldn't let me. 

Now we're on our way to our spot to go stargazing like we planned yesterday. I'm on aux again playing whatever since it's down low, it's silent in the car but not an awkward silence. Matt's tapping his fingers on the top on the steering wheel, something I know he only does when he's anxious.

"Are you alright?" I ask him

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" He replies

"You're tapping your fingers on the wheel, you only do that when you're anxious." I respond grabbing one of his hands and holding it.

"Do I? Well I'm fine. I promise." He glances quickly over at me smiling

"Okay." I respond

I can tell that he's lying but decide to leave it alone, if he wanted to tell me he would and after such a good day I don't want to push him. 

We soon arrive at our spot. We can't drive to it since it's down a little walking path so we both get out and start walking. We're about halfway down the path when Matt stops, I look at him confused.

"Do you trust me?" He asks

"Obviously." I laugh

He steps behind me and covers my eyes with his hands.

"Okay start walking I'll guide you." He says

"Matt what are you up to?" I question

"Hey you said you trusted me no questions, now walk." He states

"Okay okay." I laugh back

I start walking slowly down the rest of the path careful to not trip over a tree root or a rock. After a while Matt stops us.

"Okay ready?" He asks sounding slightly nervous

"I'm definitely ready to have my sight back." I laugh again

He removes his hands from my eyes and I look around. There's a blanket on the ground with lanterns on each corner, a bouquet of baby pink roses in the middle of the blanket. I see some string fairy lights wrapped around some of the trees next to us and hear faint music coming from god knows where. I gasp and look over at Matt and see him looking at me clearly trying to gauge my reaction. I quickly pull him into a hug.