Powersons Chronicles Chapter 7

Tsuki started screaming, "TYA! TYAAA!" Shane was the first to wake up. "What happened?" He asked when the rest woke up. "I don't know! When I woke up, Tya was gone! We were taking turns sleeping and taking a look out for the island. When it was her turn and Yomi and I fell asleep, something must've happened!" Satetsu, who was the last to wake up, looked at Tsuki and Yomi.

"Was it…," she gulped, "Suicide?"  Tsuki sighed.

"I don't know for sure." Yomi started to cry. "Why would she leave us to float alone in the middle of the ocean to fend for ourselves!?" Khaldryq sighed and looked around. "Hey look, another boat!" Sonny whisked himself around and saw Bara's boatt, cats hissing and Majo trying to calm them down. Sonny screeched over. "Do you see anything?" Bara yelled back. "I see the island! But just faintly! We should be there in an hour or so!" Sonny and Khaldryq smiled and looked into the distance. Sonny saw it too. It was a very large island, with very tall skyscraper-like palm trees and a large 300 story building was facing in the front. Sonny could not see details in the building just yet but he saw great things around the building.  Sonny's mind was filled with thoughts. Was this the island? Or…just another stop? Tsuki, who was doing a very good job at acting, jumped into the ocean and started squealing with joy.

"We…. Made it! C'mon, Yomi!" Yomi looked at her and giggled.

"Wow, I've never seen you so excited for school." Tsuki treaded water and rolled her eyes before diving beneath the waves and rising three yards further. "C'mon we'll get there further if we swim!" Tsuki dove underneath the waves again and swam underneath the boat and kicked the wood in. Shane watched the floor come upwards a bit and watch seawater start to pour into the boat slowly. Shane grumbled and dove into the water yelling, "geez, girls and water. What's with that?" Sonny giggled and was about to jump into the water when Khaldryq shouted, "Wait! I can't swim!" Sonny sighed and bent over.

"C'mon, get on my back." Khaldryq blushed and looked at him.

"Your…back?" Sonny sighed.

"Yes, my back. What… is there something wrong with my back?" Khaldryq shook her head and sat on his back.

"Are you this good at swimming?"  Sonny smiled and nodded.

"Hold on tight." Sonny dove into the water and Khaldryq squealed with joy. "This…is….amazing!" Sonny smiled.

"I know, right?" Khaldryq dipped her right hand in the water.

"Um, Sonny?" she asked. Sonny didn't look up but said, "Yeah?" Khaldryq looked at the water and then looked at Sonny.

"I was wondering…"

"Yeah?"

"If you could teach me…."

"Teach you to what?"

"Swim."

"Oh."

"Its ok, it just looks fun, is all."

"No, I can totally teach you! I'm honored!" Khaldryq smiled and stifled a laugh.

"Thanks, Sonny. I'm always teased by people that I can't swim." Sonny didn't listen; he just looked at the upcoming island. He saw the greater details in the building.  The first 50 floors had balconies and Sonny thought those floors must be the floors with the dorm rooms. He looked in the middle of the building. On the second floor, he saw a large see-through elevator going up into the clouds, veiling the last 25 floors from sight. Sonny smiled.

"It's, beautiful." Khaldryq smiled.

"Yeah, that's Powerson Island for you." Tsuki was already in the sand in the front of the island.

"C'mon, ya slowpokes. Mr. Oss will be furious if you show up late!" Yomi touched the island after her.

"Yeah, don't give yourselves a bad impression on the first day!" Sonny sighed and looked up at Khaldryq. "Its shallow, you can stand up here and we can walk to the island."

"Thanks, Sonny. I owe ya one. Stupid Tsuki."

"Yep." Sonny said, wringing out his shirt and picking out scraps of seaweed off of his pants.

He looked behind him. Bara was pulling Majo's life boat as Nurse tried to claw at her face. Bara dragged the boat ashore and all the cats jumped out and licked Bara, who was lying on the sand on her back. Majo was laughing and rolling on the floor of the boat. Sonny picked up Bara and patted the cats on the heads. "You be nice to her, ya hear?" Proctor purred and nodded. Sonny smiled and looked at Majo. Majo didn't notice him but Sonny looked at her long and hard. Was Khaldryq's statement true? Was this, Majo, a witch? "Impossible," he grumbled. Majo looked up at him. "What is impossible, Sonny?" Sonny leaped back. "Er…. nothing… I'm fine."  Majo smiled and nodded. "Ok…… if you say so."  Sonny sighed and looked at the front steps of the large building and saw a woman with silver-blonde hair who was wearing an ashen white dress and twirling a silver comb, embedded with diamonds. She wailed a mournful sound, like a howl of a dying wolf and a screeching owl.

Sonny rubbed his eyes. The girl was gone.

"Did anyone else see that?" Everyone looked at Sonny questioningly except for Shane and Khaldryq. "Who WAS that?" Shane asked, pointing to the empty space at the front of the building. Khaldryq's eyes stared beyond the ocean.

"I think……..No. It can't be……….. Bann Shii?"