Powersons Chronicles Chapter 1

This is my first work............ soooo go easy on me

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sonny and Shane Leonardo walked down the stairs on June, 5th, 2011 only to be yelled at by their sister.

"Surprise!" yelled their 16 year old sister, Sonya. Her curly russet hair and green eyes looked at the two boys and then looked at the two purple envelopes she had in her hand. Shane tried to grab the envelope but a voice sounded over to them. It was their mom, stirring cake batter with a whisk.

"Not yet, boys, we have to eat cake first," she said putting the batter in the oven. Mrs. Leonardo ruffled Shane's jet-black hair.

"All it will take is 30 minutes, Sonya, you set up the presents for my 18 year old sweeties," Mrs. Leonardo said to the little girl.

"Yes, mom," she answered and grabbed decorations and set the presents on the table.

"I cant BELIVE we're EIGHTEEN!" said Shane happily, laying back in the leather recliner.

"Yeah! Now all we gotta do is survive college and we'll be home FREE!" Sonny said, plopping down on the couch beside the midnight azure recliner, his brown hair sprawled against the pillow.

"I hope I get a new car!" Shane hoped.

"Then I could get all the babes." Sonny laughed.

"Well good luck with that!"' he chuckled.

"Hey! It could happen!" Sonny laughed harder.

"Yeah and it also couldn't!" Shane got up off of the seat and charged at him. "Sonny you little-" Their mom called down from the stairs.

"Cake's ready!" Sonny and his frustrated brother walked down the stairs into the kitchen. The marble cake was topped with white buttermilk frosting and splotched with whipped cream. Three red frosting roses were placed in a triangle and surrounded by leaf-green frosting. Sonny and Shane finished the small cake and went to the presents. The first present was a large red binder labeled "Power" another was green and labeled "Battle" and the last one was blue and labeled "Defense".

Another present was a case of no. 2 pencils and ballpoint pens. And the last one was two royal purple envelopes embroidered with a golden P on the front of it. "Open it!" said Sonya, excited. "I wasn't allowed to open it myself!" Shane tore the envelope open, chanting, "Please be a free car, please be a free car, please be a free car, please be a free car." Shane opened it up and read it out loud:

"Dear Sonny and Shane Leonardo,

You are now enrolled in Powerson's College for the Superhuman; you shall be leaving on June 5th, 2011 via the S.S. Crystal at 3:00 pm Pacific Standard Time.

Good Luck!

- Mr. K. Oss

You're sending us to a college for the SUPERHUMAN! I thought you said you would send us to a REGULAR college!" Shane said tossing it on the floor after reading it.

"I thought you said, 'only use your powers for self defense'! Why did you do this?" Shane yelled. Mrs. Leonardo looked at her feet.

"I know you don't like the idea but soon it will all make sense," she said. Sonya looked up at her mom.

"So, when they leave, can I have their room?" Mrs. Leonardo looked at her crossly.

"Say goodbye to your brothers, nicely." Sonya hugged her brothers.

"I'll miss you," she then muttered, "At first," then she continued, "I'll see you in two years." The comment made Shane madder.

"She's coming too?!"

"Only when you're a third year student, so you can be happy 'till then," Sony said, elbowing his brother. Their mother made them gather their backpacks and place their 'presents' inside the beat up backpacks.

"These backpacks survived high school, they can survive this school," Mrs. Leonardo said handing Shane a binder.

"Yeah, mom, unless some pyromaniac sets it on fire as practice," said Shane sighing.

"I doubt we're gonna need this," Sonny said.

"It is a SUPERHUMAN College, right? I bet all we will learn is how to fight practice dummies," Sonny said, pushing his backpack towards his mother. His mother pushed the backpack back.

"Oh, you don't know how much you'll need this."

Shane grumbled and got into his Volkswagen and Sonny followed slowly behind him, carrying his dinosaur of a backpack into the silver car. Shane turned the key and drove the car out of the driveway, and into the heat of the town of Snowflake, Arizona.

"I hate this," Shane grumbled.

"I hate this more," said Sonny, grumbling as he bumped around in the passenger seat.

"Where do we have to go?"

"San Francisco."

"How much longer do we have?"

"Five hours."

"You got the time?"

"7:00 am. We got up REALLY early. Some birthday, huh?"

"How 'bout your gasoline?"

"Full."

"Kay."

Sonny sighed and reclined his seat and lay down. Shane kept the speed at 65 mph. Sonny fell asleep when they crossed the border into California. The sun beat down on the car and Shane beeped the horn to wake up Sonny as they got onto the Golden Gate Bridge, shining with rusty crimson light.

"I always knew I would see this, but I never thought I would see it because of this," said Sonny holding the letter, slightly crumpled due to Shane's anger.

"Why did you take THAT with you?" Shane said, grumbling. Sonny looked at the paper.

"Why NOT! For all we know we could need this to get onto the boat! It might be like I don't know, OUR TICKET!?" Shane sighed.

"Ah, I see."