Powersons Chronicles Chapter 2

Here we are, Port 13, now lets kiss our normal life goodbye," Shane sighed.

"Oh c'mon stop it; you might learn to like this school," Sonny said cuffing him in the back.

"Yeah," Shane started.

"But I also might not!" He laughed, quoting his brother. Sonny looked at the S.S. Crystal. The bottom half was ebony black and big blazing red words is proclaimed: POWERSON ISLAND OR BUST! The white top half was striped with bold blue lines running vertically downward and disappeared once it hit the black siding.

Sonny saw a ramp going into the first 'O' in 'Powerson'.

"That must be it!" He said, grabbing Shane's arm and running to the mahogany boardwalk. The man standing there had a navy blue captain's suit and a white hat with a black visor on.

"He must be the captain," Shane whispered.

"No kidding," said Sonny walking towards the man. The man looked down at Sonny, fingering his beard.

"Hello there, sonny," the man greeted him.

"H-h-how did you know my name?" Sonny stammered.

"Oh, that's your name, I'm sorry I startled you. You see, lad, I've never greeted someone named Sonny, that's just how I greet new students." Sonny smiled. "It's ok; I just thought you would ask me for a ticket." The man looked at him.  "Oh yes. Sonny, as in Sonny and Shane, Mr. Oss sent you a ticket about 5 days ago, as I remember. You have a sister, yes?" Shane nodded.

"Sonya will be here in two years, she's not old enough." The man nodded. "I hope she knows how special this school is.  Which reminds me, my name is Inca Olmec. My daughter is on the ship. Her name is Aztec Olmec. Just mention her name, and people will point you in the right direction." Sonny repeated the name.

"Aztec......... got it thanks!"

Sonny and Shane ran up the ramp and were greeted by a young girl with ginger hair and emerald eyes.

"Hello, there," Sonny said, shaking her hand.

"Hello, my name is Bara Petal, and you are?" Sonny smiled.

"Sonny. Sonny Leonardo." Bara looked at him and he looked at her. Sonny then looked at Bara and saw she had a small flower with rainbow petals, a sun-colored stem and sea green leaves.

"I see there are some seats over there," said Shane pointing to the seating section.

"Yes and there are beds," Bara said smiling.

"WHOAH........BEDS!" Sonny yelled.

"Well when you are going to be on a boat for three days until we reach Powerson Island we think we would want to get to get some rest."  Sonny giggled at the remark. Shane sighed and noticed a girl with blonde hair and sea blue eyes.

"Sonny, you talk with.....Bara, while I go get something important." Sonny shrugged and nodded.

Meanwhile Sonny talked to a girl at the front desk with distinctive light ginger hair who gave him a card. On the front it said:

P

KeyKard

Use to get into room while on SS Cristal. Return       once we arrive at Powerson Island.

KeyKard no. 5927543

On the back it read:

              698

Shane walked over to the girl, who was looking at the sea with passion in her eyes.

"Samey.........he didn't deserve to leave his life behind last year............Samey would've wanted me to carry on...... but not like this........." she whispered.