Chapter 14-Moving place

Start from the beginning

*CCRRRAAAASSSSHHH*

Izuku fell, face forward onto the ground from the force. The lantern was sent flying and shattered into pieces on the ground. He grunts, legs shaking from the force of the impact behind him as he gets back up. The cave erupts into a mess of clicking, gurgling, and shrieks. 

Izuku turns to look behind him, where his humble shack once stood and now remains in the rubble. On it, a large figure, clocked by the darkness, moves above it. It was the size of a bus or truck and it turns as if it was searching for something. It moved on all fours, with three protrusions coming out from each side of its neck. Its tail swayed, knocking off bits of rocks from the side of the cave, sending them rolling down to the floor. 

Izuku stared, wide-eyed, as he gripped the shoulder straps of his back bag. 

'What the hell is that thing!?'

Izuku then heard the creature in front of it make a weird noise, like the sound of rapid intake of air. The silhouette of where its face should be was moving slightly. Izuku quickly realized what it was doing. 

'It's sniffing!' he thinks, 'I think it's looking for me!'

Izuku takes a step back from the creature, as it sniffs for him, looking for him in the dark. Its protrusions vibrated, and gave a low glow, illuminating the dark, and revealing its structure. The protrusions looked awful similar to the Warden's horns or antlers, but they seemed less furry and thinner, with what looked like leaves sprouting from them. (If you wish to know what the protrusions look like, search up Coontail,  it should be something like that.). It waves in the air but retains a somewhat solid shape. 

'It is like the Wardens' Izuku thinks, 'Judging by the glow and shaking, the thing on the neck seems like a sensor. If I stay quiet, I should be able to get away. The moss should nullify the sound of my footsteps. It's a great thing I decided to wash up on the way back from the ruins. It won't be able to pick up whatever stench I had.'

Izuku slowly backs away from the creature. Suddenly, the creature stopped sniffing and froze.

'What is it doing now?!' Izuku thinks, stopping in his tracks. 

'Is it trying to concentrate on hearing my footsteps?! What is it doing? The book never mentioned anything about creatures besides the Wardens and moss here! Shit!! I don't know anything about it?! Do I move?! I think I should wait and see what it does...'