Chapter 2-What just happened?!

Izuku felt as if he had been falling for a long time. How long has he been falling; seconds, minutes, hours? When you're falling in complete darkness where you can't see even the end of your feet, adrenaline pumping rapidly throughout your vessels, your brain can no longer grasp the logic of time.

Izuku felt cold from his fall, he felt numb from the pressure as he fell. Sometimes, his body would hit the side of the tunnel, slowing him down only to continue falling. But at least he wouldn't die on impact with the ground when he reach the bottom. There was a bottom, right?

After what seemed and could be forever, Izuku landed at the bottom of the tunnel. Izuku groan as he slowly got up. He touches his new surroundings, it felt damp and fuzzy. He opens his eyes to view his new surroundings, only to be greeted by darkness. There wasn't a single source of light in front of him.

Izuku then reach and open the backpack that he carried and unzip it. Before he could reach into the bag, he heard a sound.

*guckle guckle*

Izuku looks up to see some sort of plant a few feet away from him. It looked like seaweed floating in the air rooted in a pile of, moss? It glowed a dark black when it made the sound. Then, nearby plants with similar appearance being to glow and made an identical sound to the first.

Suddenly, a high pitched shriek echoed throughout the large carven causing Izuku to quickly cover his ears and flitched in pain.

"HELLO!" cried Izuku, "IS ANYONE OUT THERE?"

The plants then glow and click again, followed by another shriek. Izuku then removes his hands after the second shriek.

"Nobody answered," he said.

As soon as he said that, the closes plant glowed and clicked, then the others nearby did the same and another high pitched scream came. Izuku covered his ears again, slightly scared now. He reach into his backpack and brought out his flashlight. He then turn it on and shone it out into the distance.

The light shone, revealing that in front he was some sort of dark green moss or fungus that covered the entire floor of the cavern. The seaweed-like plants sprouted their leaves on a small amount of moss. And just within the edges of his light, there was some sort of object. It had four long curved white materials with a bowl-shaped design in the centre, it seem to contain something and was most likely the source of the shrieks Izuku guess. And that's when Izuku notices the bulge forming a few meters away from the structure.

A small hump seems to form under the moss. Then two long cylinder shapes suddenly emerge from the ground and lay on the ground flat. Then a huge figure pulls itself out of the ground. It fumbles about before turning around to face Izuku. In the darkness, Izuku could make up what looked like horns grown out from the side of its head.

When Izuku saw the figure, he was frightened. Questions now filled his head;' Was it a villain? Is this a villain's lair? How many more were there?'

Izuku slowly got, whimpering while doing so. Unfortunately, the villain heard his whimpering and its 'horns' glowed the same colour as the seaweeds.

It growled and slowly approach Izuku. Izuku quickly panicked and look around him. That's when he notices the glow of light in a small cave behind him. Izuku hurriedly got to his feet and scramble over the moss.

The villain notices this and roars before giving chase. The seaweeds glow and cackle while another shriek is heard. The villain shuffles forward, dragging his giant arms centimetres above the ground.

Izuku hurriedly climbs up the small sloop towards the light. His hands gripping onto the moss as he climbs up as quickly as possible, his breath heavy. The villain had no problem as despite its large appearance, was much quicker than it lets on.