Chapter 14-Moving place

Izuku gasps, flying upright from his sleeping bag, gasping for air. He begins to cough harshly, choking on his saliva as his airways tighten. Each cough sends a troubling pain in his head and chest. Izuku's hand grips his head tightly as he coughs, and the other slams into his chest, desperately trying to clear his airway. 

As Izuku coughs, he fails to notice his veins illuminating a dark green color. The color glows in and out of his hand with each swing to his chest. The veins around his neck light a dark green as Izuku coughs painfully. Izuku moves the hand gripping his head toward his mouth to damper the sound of his cough in case a sensor could hear it. As he coughs, something wet begins to form in his palm. 

Soon, the cough dies down and Izuku, shakingly, stops hitting his chest and removes his hand from his mouth. His head still troubling with pain, his sight slightly blurry and he was shivering. He raised the hand that covered his mouth to better understand what made it wet. 

BLOOD.

A blackish-red puddle filled Izuku's palm, and the liquid pile slowly oozed off Izuku's hand, as all he could do was stare at the puddle in his palm. 

'Am I-, ..., am I going to die?' 

He quickly wiped the blood on the ground, smearing the liquid onto the floor, before trying to wipe his hands clean with the leaves of the vines. Izuku digs deep into his bag and pulls out a small leather bag. He opens the bag and stared into it. Two pills lay inside.

Izuku stared into the bag, wondering whether or not to take one. The last time he took one was when he was knocked back by a blast from the Warden. Izuku moves a hand and pressed on his chest and sides, it didn't hurt. 

Maybe he was exaggerating?  It was just a bit of blood out of his mouth. Maybe internal bleeding? He did bleed slightly from his mouth from his first, no, second encounter with a Warden. Blasted right in the back by something, before crashing into the shack's wall.

Izuku shook his head; 'No!' he thought to himself. He should only use the pills in case of an emergency. Izuku sighed and placed the small leather bag back into the front pocket of his backpack. 

'What was I supposed to do anyway?'

'Oh yeah! I'm supposed to move my things to the room in the ruins.'

'I should get moving the faster the better.'

'After that, I should begin planning for my escape from here.'

Izuku begins to pack up his belongings in the shack and shove it into his bag. He folded up his clothes and rolled up his sleeping bag neatly. He arranges the books properly, plucked a few glow berries, tore off a few vines, and checks if the water cans' lids were tightly shut. He then arranged the items neatly, able to place his clothes, sleeping bag, cans of water, books, dozens of glow berries(snacks for the journey), and even some vines of the glow berries since he needs a new farm for glow berries. There should also be more space for a larger farm at the ruins too, so much space to be used. And with nearly no moss, sensors, or shriekers in the ruins, he'll be safe to do pretty much anything. 

Izuku carries his bag and lifts the lantern with a glow berry in it. He exits the shack and stops outside to look back at it.

'I'm going to miss it.' he thinks,' But maybe not too much.'

And with that, Izuku begins to walk down the pathway toward the stalagmites and stalactites. Footsteps are silent by the moss. Even in the dark, a brighter future for his survival could be seen. Izuku smiled underneath the gas mask, he knew once he got to the ruin, to the room, he would be much safer, and his chances at survival much higher.