Chapter 13-Away from the ruins.

Izuku climbs down the ladder carefully, as he placed a foot down on the wolly floor. He then raises the lantern to eye level to better look at his surroundings. He was in a room, but something was much different. 

It was like the rest of the rooms in the ruins, but this one just felt so different. The room had weapons like swords, axes, pickaxes, and bows hung on the wall. The way they were hung didn't feel like it was being displayed, but rather for grabbing and rushing out. It was like they were hung and ready for a battle. But clearly, it wasn't weapons that made the room different. 

No, the room felt hollow underneath, like there was a space below him. But that was crazy right, maybe the possible lack of oxygen in the cave was finally getting to him. Or maybe the wool was just placed differently here. 

At the center of the room, embedded into the ground was a circular shape picturing the symbol of the 'Yin-and-Yang' made out of glass. It looked nice, a weird choice to build it in the room, but he really could not understand the odd choices the builders had to decide like a hole in every floor leading to the top, or a door that could open mechanically from the outside, but forgotten to place on the inside.

That thought slightly annoyed Izuku as he wanted to be asleep in one of the rooms before realizing he had to finish whatever he was here for. 

He was about to doze off when he remembered the vines in his bag. He pretty much fell out of the bed onto the stone floor when rushing to the bag. He just got it out, possibly right on time as the vine was brown and shriveling. Izuku raised the plant to the ceiling as the roots weakly crept into the holes in the ceiling.  It took awhile, meaning he had to stand there as the roots slowly stuck themselves to the ceiling. 

After that, he when to examine the other rooms in fear of the possibility of getting trapped in the room like the skeletons a room away.

He had investigated the room with the skeleton inside, with the hint of fear it might suddenly jump at him. Out of every single room he had open with the leaver he found, all of them were pretty much the same. Same design and arrangement of the furniture. But Izuku had noticed something that was missing in the dead man's room, a pickaxe.

The room with the skeleton was the only one that didn't have a pickaxe, meaning he couldn't just break the stone wall that surrounded him. The 'person' did try to escape, though his attempt was futile. Dried stains that were a different shade of color around the entrance to the door were on the wall.

However, the other rooms had their pickaxes hung on the wall, meaning Izuku could stay in any of the rooms without fearing getting stuck in it. The pickaxe was the definition of a hammer in a trapped bus, you break your way out. Without it, you're pretty much stuck.

Why one of the rooms was missing this, Izuku will never know. 

Izuku continues to walk down the passageway of the ruins, passing by an open area with an empty fountain covered in moss at the center. Several leaves floated and swayed in midair. Izuku simply walks past it silently, not interested in any confrontation with a 'Warden' or some sort.

He had to investigate what was going on earlier with all the roaring, then find his way out of the ruins and back to his hut. And finally, move all his possessions to the room above. Then find a way out of the cave. 

Izuku soon exited a passageway of rooms with a ceiling above and onto a T-junction that lead to the side of the ruin. There was a staircase that lead onto the cave's floor before it lead to the side of the cave's wall. 

The distance between the ruin to the cave wall was roughly the length of a soccer field. 

Izuku steps down from the ruin and walks around the nearby cave floor. Moss covered the ground, but a clear sign of activity was present.