But this was good enough. He also sent Blake his love, which Shine supposed they could pass on once they told the others what was going on.

Wally thought they'd hit Beacon next, but Shine said, no, because with Raven they would likely only have to talk, and that would take less energy, and she preferred not to do it after a fight with a Grimm, if it came to that.

Even if they did fight, they could just escape the Bandit camp, whereas that would not be a very responsible thing to do in Beacon.

Of course...when they just appeared in Raven Branwen's tent, she almost took their heads off.

Wally had his eyes shut anyway.

"You can look," Shine held up her sword in time to block Raven's first strike. "She's dressed."

"Who the h---are you?" Raven demanded.

"We're acquaintances of your daughter," Shine said. "And brother."

Raven stopped right before taking another strike.

"And you found me," she said. "How? Was that a portal...that's a rare semblence."

She clenched her sword. "What do you want? If this is about the Maiden again..."

"No one else is here right?" Shine asked.

Raven looked around.

No..." she said warily. "Why?"

"I don't want them to hear this," Shine lowered her voice. "We know you are the Maiden, Raven."

Raven's eyes widened, then she looked down. "So she told you."

"No, Yang has kept your secret," Shine said. "She lied...to cover you. I hope you appreciate that."

Raven turned and walked a few paces away. "But she sent you..."

"No, she didn't...Oscar Pine did," Shine said.

Raven looked back. "Ozpin?" She said.

"No," Wally said. "He's not Ozpin, geez lady, you don't know how this works?"

"I know more then you do," Raven said.

"You mean that Salem can't be killed," Shine said.

"And that she's immortal and part grimm," Wally said.

"And that she and Ozpin used to be lovers," Shine said.

The look on Raven's face at that last part was the one every student as if they pictured their teacher hooking up.

"Okay, you didn't know that part," Shine said.

"And I don't want to..." Raven said, in horror. "That is...wrong..."

"I know right?" Wally shuddered.

"But if you know....the lamp!" Raven hissed.

"You catch on fast," Shine approved. "Do you know why we're here, Raven?"

"I assume you're worrying about having a maiden on the loose who's away from Ozpin," Raven twitched her hand, and took her tone that Shine recognized as her bs-ing you diplomatic voice. "It takes some nerve to come here, and because of that twig?"

"He's a Pine," Wally said.

Raven ignored him. "But I'm not interested in helping you, or doing whatever it is you came here to get for me. Now leave, before I change my mind about not killing you."

"I find it funny that you think you could kill us," Shine said. "Take your best shot."

Raven took that as a threat--as well she might--and whirled around and struck at them at the speed of a trained huntsmen.