9 YEARS LATER

Dear diary,

I have years that I haven't write to you. I always thought that I left you in Mexico. I'll tell you what I've been through all these years.

After Chris and I ended a relationship.  I continued my life. I started a business as an English teacher here in Mexico. I made a little school  to teach children and adults. That school grew bigger and bigger, now we not only teach english, we teach french, german, Italian and Chinese. I hired some teachers and made a second school.

I have agreements with american schools and have summer programs where kids and adults could travel to USA to study and practice their English in an American school. I could say that I'm pretty successful.

Two years after I started my business, I met this great guy named David. He was an American teacher. He was kind, handsome, supportive and loved me with all his heart. He was a great father to  Alexander. Yeah, two months after Chris told me he had cheated on me with Ana, I found out that I was pregnant. I never mentioned to Chris. Trust me I wanted to tell him. Every time I saw interviews of him saying he wanted to have a family I felt guilty. But I didn't want to ruin his reputation by having a love child.

David accepted me with a light brown, blue eyes two-year-old. Alex looks so much like Chris, but he never asked questions. We got married and 2 years later when Alex was four, David got sick and unfortunately he passed away a year later. That broke My heart and Alex missed his papa.

David fixed my immigration papers and made me a resident in the U.S. so now I can go back and forth to Los Angeles and other places in America to make partnerships with different schools.

Alex is starting third grade and travels with me all the time. That is why he is homeschooled by me. We are really close to each other. He is such a Mama's boy. This year, he will be attending a normal elementary school in Los Angeles. I'm going to be living a year here in LA since I am planning on expanding my schools here. Having a little language school here as well. They could learn Spanish, french, italian and much more. So I'm using heritage money to expand the school.

I am now a 39 year old with a nine year old boy who knows English and Spanish. He likes talking more English that Spanish. Alexander loves sports, videogames, Disney movies, marvel movies (thanks to me). Want to hear something ironic, guess who is his favorite hero? Captain America.

"I look like him. That is why I like him.I could be a hero" He told me, when he asked for a Captain America backpack.

"You are already my hero." I said kissing his hair while I walked by him cleaning up while he ate cereal.

"So will you buy it?" He asked as his blue eyes sparkled with hope.

"Why not a Iron Man backpack. Red is a nice color. "I said leaning on the counter.

"Blue looks better on me." He said smiling at me. Yeah.. I sure do love him in blue. His eyes look more blue.

"Fine... Can't win that argument. Brush your teeth, get dressed and will go buy your school supplies." I said.

"Thanks mom!" He said running to his room. I grab his plate and started to wash it.

Later that day, we went and bought some school supplies and his captain America backpack. Then for dinner, we went to eat in this buffet. Alexander was going to get more food while I was looking at him.

"Lucy?" I heard someone said. I looked and saw Carly Evans, Chris' sister. My blood turned cold and I froze. Should I pretend that I didn't hear?

"Lucy López. It is really you! You haven't change a bit. Oh my god! You disappeared. Chris told us that you left to Mexico and we were sad that you didn't said bye to us. Did we do something?" She asked. I couldn't help it. I couldn't let them think that. They were so nice to me. They adopted me and helped me so much.

"NO NO NO! Carly.... Your family didn't do anything wrong. You guys were so nice to me. Just that I lost your number and I didn't have a way to reach you guys. I'm sorry I've been missing this years." I said grabbing her hands.

"We missed you so much. I'm sorry things didn't work out with Chris." She whispered in my ear as she called me tight. Wait! She knew?

"I'm sorry Mama told us" she said blushing.

"Don't worry everything is okay." I said.

"You have to see the family. Everyone's here. Chris is on his way." She said pulling me a little to a table. I freaked out. I couldn't be seen. Specially with a 9-year-old that looks exactly like Chris Evans did when he was younger.

"I'm so sorry. I can't I have to go. It was so nice seeing you again." I said grabbing my bag and walking to get Alex, before they see us. Before Chris gets here. I walked and saw Alex on the dessert table.

"Baby... we have to go." I said grabbing his hand. 

"But, I haven't had my dessert!" He whined as I drag him out of the restaurant. 

"I'll buy you something, later. Let's go" I said.  We were walking out of the restaurant when a scent hit me. It was the most wonderful perfume. It was his perfume. We passed each other but he didn't look at me.He was looking at his phone.  He was much older, he walk like 51 now? His hair was comb and his eyes had some wrinkles. But he still looked handsome. 

"Mom!" Alex said as we walked out of the buffet. "What's going on?  You are pale. You know him?" He asked a little over protective. 

"No, he looks like someone I kow, that's it. Let's go" I said as we got in the car. I opened the back seat and Alex got in. I walked to the driver seat when I heard his voice. 

"Lucy!!" He screamed. I got in fast and drove, watching in the  rear-view mirror how he watched me drive. My heart sarted to beat faster and I couldn't help to feel sad. 

When we arrieved home, I preper everything for Alex to go to school. I started to unpack and then found you. So while I'm drinking a glass of wine, I'm writting on you. Like I did so many years ago.

Lucy

AUTHOR NOTE: SORRY I HAVEN'T WROTE IN A LONG TIME, SCHOOL AND WORK HAS MAKE ME SUPER BUSY. HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER. XOXOXOX -ME