She took a step back when the man went around the table , ignoring the angry shouts of his partner ." Shut your fucking mouth , officer Hong Jangmi "

" You little shit ! " He spitted out " Come back here ! "

" Kwon ! YOU'RE TAKING IT TOO FAR ! " The other officer screamed out . Kwon didn't paid any attention to her , taking long and determined steps towards the corned little girl. " Stop moving , abomination ! "

" Papa-" SLAP !

Muffled screams escaped Taegguk as Kwon pressed her lithe body against the scraped wall , his calloused hands covering her mouth to stop her cries from getting out of the room . " PAPA THIS, PAPA THAT ! FUCKING STOP THIS GAME OF YOURS , YOU LITTLE BITCH ! "

" KWON ! " Jangmi screamed, picking up the metal bottle from the table and then throwing it towards her partner .

Only for it to miss as the target had already moved his body away , turning around to reveal a writhing Taegguk , struggling for some air to enter the lungs .

" KWON ! " Jangmi desperately shouted " DROP THE CHILD ! YOU'RE KILLING HER ! "

Kill her
Kill her
Kill her
Kill her
Kill her

The moment his grip loosened , Taegguk fell down on the rough ground under them , her mouth wide open , taking in oxygen greedily . Jangmi immidiately ran upto her , falling on her knees before the man as she slowly brought Taegguk's head up to rest it on her lap , her own bottom lip a bloody mess because of how much she is biting down on it .

Taegguk looked up once , her red eyes meeting the sympathetic ones of Jangmi as she delivered a small grin to her in reply .

But the little girl didn't return the gesture .

" Appa " Her lips fell open " Take me to Appa " She panted " I wanna go home-"

" SHUT UP ! " He screamed , making the other two flinch as fear consumed them once again, " YOU WANNA GO HOME TO A MONSTER?! HUH YOU LITTLE SHIT YOU WANT TO GO HOME TO A FUCKING MURDERER ! "

" Kwon ! " Jangmi warned again but the man still knelt down before the almost half-dead girl , his eyes burning with an unknown rage " Jeon Jeongguk is a dangerous man . A murderer . A criminal . A psychopath ! " Taegguk didn't say anything, but he knew that she's listening to him .

" Kwon ssi " Jangmi pleaded " Why don't you go outside and calm yourself down ?! "

" It'll do us a favor. The night is long and Dr. Min said Jeon Jeongguk is going to be outside of the hospital tomorrow"

Kwon took a deep breath , nodding profusely. " Yes , you're right , Hong ssi " He breathed out.

" We have a lot to do tomorrow" Jangmi hummed , wishing for the other to go away as soon as possible.

" I'm going outside to take a smoke , ok ? If you need something , just give me a shout ! " The man exclaimed as he marched towards the table, picking up the cigerette box from the table . " See you later "

" Same to you "

Jangmi didn't look up when the footsteps faded , followed by the sound of the main door banging behind the leaving man .

Jangmi released a quiet sigh , looking down towards Taegguk , only to see that the little girl is already looking at her .

" That uncle is very bad "

Jangmi nodded , a sad smile playing on her lips .

" My papa says that bad people always get punished " The older released a chuckle , earning a confused Taegguk in return . " Why ? "