The End?

3rd POV

It's been three days since Y/N sacrificed his life to save Ruby. Doing this allowed her to aid in defending and ultimately winning the fight for Vale. Once things had settled down she told everyone what Y/N did. 

The world called him a hero. Every person on Remnant gave their condolences to his family. For his funeral his family held a small gathering. Mostly family and his friends from Beacon. Together they all celebrated Y/N's life. At his house we see Ruby talking to his mother.

Mom: "Still can't believe he's gone."

Ruby remains silent. Her hand is grabbed.

Mom: "He loved you. You were his world. He only wanted to make sure you were okay."

Ruby: "Yeah."

Later that day Ruby attends class, but mentally she's not there. All this time her mind kept her in one place, Y/N's final moments. Since then she's done nothing but cry and beg for Oum to bring him back. People have tried to comfort her but none of it worked. The only comfort she wants is being in Y/N's arms.

Yang: "Ruby."

She looks at her sister.

Yang: "Class ended."

She looks down. Yang puts her hand on her sister's shoulder.

Yang: "We miss you Ruby."

There's only silence. This makes Yang softly sigh.

Yang: "The others and I are going to see a movie. If you decide to join us we'll be leaving at three."

She walks away leaving Ruby alone. After a minute or two she finally exits the classroom. Walking down the hall she looks to the side seeing a portrait of Y/N hanging proudly on the wall. This only amplifies her sadness.

Later that night we see Ruby mindlessly watching TV. But suddenly the TV turns to static making her get up and lightly pound it. When the quality returns the power shuts off. Immediately after a massive lightning storm rolls in repeatedly lighting up the area.

Ruby: "What's going on?"

Just as quickly as it appeared the lightning goes away leaving pure silence. For several seconds nothing is heard. Then tiny sparks are emitted from thin air. They keep coming when a portal explodes open revealing a blinding light. 

Ruby: "Who's there?"

Voice: "Some hello."

Her eyes fully widen as a silhouette steps through the portal. When the portal closes the silhouette's identity is revealed.

Y/N: "Hey Ruby."

Tears cascade down her cheeks. Like lightning she latches to his chest burying her face. Y/N smiles wrapping his arms around her. Her crying intensifies feeling his warmth.

Ruby: "Don't ever leave me again."

He chuckles pulling her as close as he can.

Y/N: "I won't."

The two reunited lovers finally share a kiss. But their tender moment is ruined by the dorm rumbling. They run outside to see something heading towards them. When it stops they're presented with a man wearing a hood who hovers just above the ground.

Y/N: "Who are you?"

The figure lands as a portal opens behind him. Through it walk four men. Each in their own costume.

Y/N: "Who the heck are you guys?"

The leader steps forward.

John: "My name's John McKnight. And we require your help."

Y/N: "With?"

Figure2: "Oh just saving all known universes."

Figure3: "Whaddaya say?"

Figure4: "It'll be fun. We're gonna eat a lot of heads."

He looks at Ruby who nods. He then smiles looking at the five figures.

Y/N: "How may I be of assistance?"