『🚉9-𝕿𝕰𝕰𝕹』

"I think I'm scared
I don't know why"
__________________

『(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ A Series of Unfortunate Events♥』

(Italics = Chinese) (Bold = Korean)

"Ow..." Minghao hisses and holds his shoulder before glaring up at the man who bumped into him "watch where you're going dude."

"My bad." The man smirks. Suddenly the raven haired male feels chilly despite it being quite sunny outside. The Chinese quirks a brow and shrugs it off,

"Whatever..." actually, Minghao isn't this rude to strangers who bump into him on the street. Today was just a day filled with unfortunate events and he wasn't in the best mood, it started off by waking up late and spilling hot coffee on himself on his way to work which then escalated into missing lunch as he had extra work to finish from the other day and on top of that a couple interns had shit to say about him not being Korean.

A ton of other stuff happened but I won't go into detail.

With a sigh, Minghao makes his way home and collapses on the couch. He attempted to sleep but his body was still intoxicated with caffeine so he assumes he'll be wide awake for a couple more hours.

+TIME SKIP+

"Hao, have you seen my bag!?" Said male, who was reading a book on the couch, shakes his head in response earning a distressed sigh "fuck, at this rate i won't even make it in time lunch..."

"What's up with you? You've been stressed for like the past two weeks." Seungkwan sighs and shakes his head,

"Nothing, it's just work that's been getting to me." The raven haired male smiles slightly and closes his book before looking up at his best friend,

"Take care of yourself Boo." Before said male could respond the sound of someone knocking cut in "I'll get it." Minghao opens the door and met eyes with a blonde man. Wait- this scene is familiar. The Chinese winced seeing who it was. It was the man he was a bitch to the other day "h-hello..."

"Hi, I'm you're new neighbour! I just came to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Wen Junhui but you can call me Jun." He smiles politely and holds out his right hand. The raven haired male furrows his brows and slowly takes his hand,

"When did our neighbour move out...?" He shrugs and looks up at the blonde with a sheepish smile "I'm Minghao and sorry about...you know...the other day." Junhui smiles and shakes his head,

"That's fine, I take it you weren't having the best day."

"Yeah but still, that's was no excuse to talk to you like that..."

"Really, it's fine."

"HAO WHO'S AT THE DOOR?" Seungkwan calls out from the kitchen, a couples moments later he arrived at the door and peers over his friends shoulder "oh, who's this?"

"I'm Wen Junhui, you're new neighbour."

"Im Seungkwan, welcome to this shitty complex." Despite the vile words, the Korean had a kind and welcoming smile on his face.

"I hope we get along Seungkwan," he pauses as his eyes shift towards Minghao, "Minghao."

_____________________________________________

Minghao was never a fan of the déjà vu feeling, but it seemed to happen to him a lot. Some people believed you get déjà vu because you were present in that situation in a dream and others believe it's because that same situation happened in your past life. He was the latter.

His mother always told him he was a prince in his past life but never said why, the Chinese grew up with the expression 'curiosity killed the cat' said to him daily so he never asked. It was only when he became a teenager he found out the second part to that expression, 'satisfaction bought it back.' Even then, he didn't ask because every time he tried his mouth wouldn't open. As if god himself was telling him not to ask, but that made him even more curious.

Déjà vu didn't occur to him often but lately it's been happening a lot, not only that, he has this strange feeling he's being watched every time he goes outside. He thought it was his anxiety acting up at first but it's been going on for far too long for it to just be anxiety.

Minghao bites his lip and sits at the bench uncomfortably while waiting for the bus. Had this time of night always been this scary? The Chinese tried to stop his bouncing leg but only ended up with shaky hands. He takes a deep breath and pulls out his phone to try and distract himself.

"Hey." The Chinese jumps out of his seat at the sudden voice "woah relax, it's just me." The raven haired males mouth fell agape as he started at his neighbour,

"You scared me!"

"Sorry you looked distressed just sitting there so I thought I'd say hi." The younger exhales,

"Right...hello."

"Where are you coming from?" Minghao rubs his arms suddenly feeling chilly,

"Just...work."

"Where do you work?"

"Carat inc."

"Oh, I start work their next week!" The raven haired male blinks and surprise,

"Oh really? That's a coincidence."

"At least I know I won't be lonely at work."

"Yeah..."

"Try asking me some questions, you're killing me here" the younger bites his tongue, he's always been terrible at talking to people. That's what killed him in high school.

"Sorry...uh- you're Chinese right? Can I speak informally to you?

"Of course." Minghao's shoulders relaxed,

"If I spoke Korean any longer I think I would've forgotten Chinese."

"Right? I speak Korean everyday but I feel like it's gotten worse." Junhui sweeps his hair back, "you get homesick often?" The raven haired male shifts in his seat,

"I did a lot when I was in high school but I guess I kind of got used to it over time."

"Even after being here for over seven years I still get homesick." The blonde smiles, "maybe that'll change."

_____________________________________________
👑: 996 words. Winter break is almost over and I am not ready smh

~Mark