Am I not? - Part 24

Several months had come and gone...the month of December was here once again....and after repeatedly having reports of her husband's unheard whereabouts, Sakura didn't know how to act or feel anymore. She wasn't sure whether to continue to cry....continue to worry...or just...let it go. Sure he had gone missing before in the past, and he technically hadn't been gone for too long since he departed, but now...everything was different. He had medications to take, to be refilled, he had something that had to be suppressed in order to not lose his mentality after that stupid witch decided to basically dig herself into his subconsciousness. Besides that, he meant something to her now, meant everything to her, and it was hard to bear. She begged Naruto to let her go on a search for him herself, but he always denied her request and told her that she was to stay in the village. It was too dangerous at the moment, and having several kids depending on her now....it was not a smart idea. Given that she had proved to them she was worthy of not being left behind anymore, it didn't stop her from trying to go anyways, but unfortunately someone was always there just on time to make her turn back. She hated it. 

         Through this time however she wasn't by far alone....she was at someone else's side almost everyday. Her one and only, first love. Seeing him in the condition he was in broke her heart into pieces, and the love she once had for him came racing out to aid him back to health. Visiting him, talking to his unconscious body, being there to change his tubes and bandages everyday didn't make her feel better about the situation per say, but it did help her stay busy, distracted, and made sure that he also didn't disappear from her life again. She reminded herself on a day to day basis of the harsh things she said to him in the past, kind of beating herself up about it, knowing just how unforgiving and unforgettable those words she spute at him were...and now she was regretting them. She didn't want him to disappear, or for that matter, lose his life in place of Obito...she didn't want any of them to leave her, if she was being selfishly honest with herself. So anything that she can do for him...she made herself believe that it was enough to redeem herself with him in her own mind.
          More weeks passed, turning into months, Sasuke was fully awake by now, and almost back on his own two feet. It took a lot of therapy, emergency oxygen tanks that he didn't expect to use during his recovery, and much needed medication for his pain that persistently hung around, but it was finally time to get him out of the hospital. Pushing him on a wheel chair that he didn't refuse to take considering his limbs were still a bit shaky, she takes him home. Her home. Stepping into the front door, she had already made up the spare room for him, making it easier for her to help him if he needed anything until he made a 100% recovery. Coming into the door, he saw the room nice and tidy. It moved him...yet...it felt forced somehow.

        "You can stay here for a few more weeks. I just signed off for you so you can get out of the hospital and back to a normal life, you know?" He gulps and didn't know what to say, except, "Thanks...Sakura. This is....really too much. I could just stay in the hospital until it's time. I don't want to interfere-" "You're not interfering, okay? You're not getting in the way by any means. I wanted to do this." she said right away and rolled him into the room. "I'll umm...let you get settled. I'm going to pick up the kids from Hinata's place. I'll be back in like 15 minutes tops." He only waves her off with two fingers like she was the captain, and she leaves. Looking around...he can tell she put a lot of effort into fixing this room for him. The sheets were gray, the side tables were almost empty except for a small clock, just the way he always kept his own place. Tidy, neat, and pretty much boring. But none the less, it was him. Since no one was home, he got himself up, holding on to the wall a bit and made it to the kid's room. He stands in their door way and just observes. All their toys were put away for the most part, but still a bit messy. Not surprised. She always had a lot of things, and so it would be no surprise that her kids would also have a lot of possessions. Even when organized, it was always a bit cluttered, but nothing he complained about. It actually made him smirk in comfort.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Oct 01, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Lost: His Return (Sakura x Obito x Sasuke x Kakashi)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें