His return- Part 1

**Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of the characters. The pictures used throughout are not mine, and I respectfully give credit to the artists. There is much lemon/smut/mature scenes throughout. Please do not read if not of appropriate age. This is the continuation for my first story: 'Lost'. **

           It was about 10 am in the spring of late April, when Kakashi hears a knock at his door. "Come in." He looks up to see his former student...Sasuke. It had been a whopping 4 years since his departure. So much has happened he doesn't know about, and Kakashi was not going to start explaining either, he would have to go and find out himself. "Sasuke, you're back." "Hn. I guess you can say that. Here are the other scrolls from the villages I had been in contact with." He places about 4 scrolls on his desk. As he opens each one and starts to read them he says "I'm assuming, it all went smoothly, or did you run into any troublesome people?" "Well, as I already reported to you, there were only a few gangs that were trying to get themselves in the spot light, but I was able to get them to turn into a different means of helping instead of harming." "That's good to hear Sasuke." "Of course. People are people, and there will always be differences resulting in rebels." "Yes. All you can do is try." After about 30 minutes discussing a few more things of his long journey, Sasuke changes the subject. "Have you kept in touch with...the other two?" he touches his hair. Kakashi smiles slightly under his mask. 'His way of bringing up Sakura...' "It's been a few weeks that I've seen Naruto to be honest, probably busy with his family, but I know he's around." He pauses and sighs. "And for Sakura...she's doing very well. We have lunch once in a while, but not recently. She's on call a lot." Sasuke nods his head slightly. "That's good to hear. I guess I better leave you be, and see what this village has to offer these days." "Alright, don't be a stranger. See ya." He leaves and heads straight to the hospital.

            As he stands outside the building at a distance, he stares at the window up above, the same window from the room he was placed in a time ago. He reminisces about those years when they were just kids. She would always be by his side when he was hurt after the chunin exams, after over exhausting himself, after not being able to protect her from their now good friend, comrade, and the Kazekage, Garra. 'She's not weak anymore...actually...she never was. To put up with someone like me, never giving up on wanting to have me acknowledge her....just for being the person she is.' Lost in his thoughts he decides to come back another day. Today wasn't the day to pop up in her life again, not after just leaving her the way he did. He heads back to his old apartment that they luckily didn't rent out or sell. He comes in, takes off his shoes and black cloak and strips right away to get into the shower. He doesn't remember the last time he was able to just take his time, relax, and not having to have his guard up. It was exhausting, though it was what he wanted for that time being, to have it rough, to be uncomfortable, to not have anything pleasant as he felt he didn't deserve it.
            After his long, hot shower, he puts on some simple boxers and lays on his bed, crossing his arms behind his head. He closes his eyes and lets his mind drift off. Taking each breath into his nose and letting it out so effortlessly, he felt grateful to still be alive, after everything he had done in his life. Twice, his life had almost been taken from him, and he could've cared less at that time and place. But after time in isolation, after opening his heart just enough to let her in those years ago, he could only thank god, or who ever was watching over him, for this chance he was given. Though once again he broke her heart, and hes sure he did, he felt it had to be done...for her sake. Call it being a coward, or being selfish, but he needed to leave the village as soon as his time was over of being under restrictions, and find himself, once again, without any strings attached. He couldn't leave knowing he had a girlfriend or wife waiting for him, because what if he didn't return? Or didn't want to return? That would be unfair to her. So he had to cut it. He knew someone one day who really deserved her would come along and sweep her off her feet. He just hoped that she would let him go from her heart, forget about the short time they had spent with each other, and move on. However; 4 years having gone by, he made up his mind in how he felt. He wanted her back, and hope she would be her usual self and give him another chance...just like she always has. It seemed everything was relying on hope. Having too many uncertain thoughts on his mind, he soon drifts off to sleep.