Like the old times...1 - Part 3

This all felt surreal. About a few weeks passed now since her out burst with him and she kept replaying in her mind the truth of how he spent his time that first day. Without her. Away from her, without a single word leaving his lips. She didn't understand...not one bit. It made her feel used, like everything they had done was for nothing..was only for pleasure, for fun and not love. It gave her the urge to just be an adult about all of it and just talk with him, but what was she trying to get from all of this? A doomed relationship?... just like it has already seemed to be. To restore some sort of friendship between them? It was all too messed up. After that night, he lets her breath for a bit, since she did tell him to leave her alone, and decided to pay Naruto a visit.
            Going up to his new home mid morning, he knocks on the door to have it answered by Hinata carrying her infant. "Oh. Hey Sasuke, long time no see. I'll get you Naruto." "Yes, it's been a while. Thank you." "Please, come in." He steps in, closing the door behind him. Looking around, viewing some wedding photos, checking out his big house, he thinks how far Naruto is once again ahead of him. "Hey! Sorry...I was taking a nap. I've been doing a lot preparations to become the next Hokage. My brain is fried." Sasuke chuckles. "Yeah...you gotta have some kind of brains in order to take over. Nice place by the way." Rubbing the back of his head he says, "Yeah thanks. Good thing I saved up all those years...hehe." Sasuke sighs. "Some how you're always one step ahead of me...even in this." "Heey don't worry about that Sasuke, we all have our different paths. So...what's the reason you're here? It's not to hangout with me... is it???" He pokes him with his elbow." "Cut it out loser. I'm actually here to take up your offer about the prosthetic." Naruto's eyes widen with a huge smile plastered on his face. "You mean it?? That's awesome! Oh wait till Tsunade hears about this! She's been working with out top scientists and have gotten the latest prosthetic." Letting Naruto rant about it...his mind starts to wander. 'If I do get this arm...I'll be able to train again the way I use to be before. I think I'm ready...this will be good. Time to adjust, adapt, and recover. Hopefully she will see that too...that I'm changing for the better.'

They head over to the science labs and and meet up with the head of the department. The man shows them around and is very energetically excited to try out his new invention on Sasuke. Sasuke agrees and steps into his office. "So, Mr. Uchiha. In order to go through this process you will have to sign documents, go through a health screening, as well as have some x-rays done right here in our facility." "Sure. Is that all?" "Yes sir. Here, take this to the hospital and have yourself a check up." "Wait...I thought that was done here.." "Well.. the rest of it is, but the doctor has to check your overall health first before we begin." Sasuke just stares at the man, making him a but uneasy. "Thank you, we'll be sure to come back as soon as it's done." Naruto right away says, feeling the weird tension coming off of Sasuke. They're walking into town and Naruto of course has to ask. "So...how did talking to Sak-" "I don't want to talk about it. Plus, it's none of your business." "Geez, you don't have to be so hostile about it. I'll take that as a not so good then." They soon part their ways and Sasuke decides to just suck it up and go get checked at the hospital. Walking up to the front desk he says, "I need a full check up. Is umm...Ms. Haruno available?" "Let me check." Leaning on the counter and waiting, he starts regretting asking for her, that maybe he should see her after he gets his arm done. "Sorry to inform you sir, but she's busy with a surgery right now. But we do have our other doctors and nurses that will be more than happy to..check you out...I mean, get you a full check up." The woman blushes as the words that slipped out, making him smirk. "Yes, of course. That'll be fine."

            No more than 5 minutes later he's taken in and his work up began. Doing the normal stethoscope checks, taking blood tests, urine samples, ultra sounds, and finally an hour later it was done. Getting an okay from the doc, and getting his results, he walks out of there. 'God I hate these...haven't done this in years.' Just leaving out the door, Sakura was coming to the front to hand over some charts and papers for the front clerk to file, and she catches him, seeing only his back towards her, like she was always use to since she was young. She doesn't say anything, and just watches him go out the door. "Hey...did Mr. Uchiha need something?" she asks very much curious since they hadn't talked in a while. "Oh, we already took care of him Ms. Haruno. Though..he did ask for you." Sakura just nods. "Okay, thank you." Walking back to her office to take her lunch, it got her wondering why he would come in for a check knowing he hated hospitals. 'Hmm...I hope nothings wrong. No...I would have heard about it. Why am I even concerned about this?...about him.' She sighs and goes on with her day.