𝚂𝟺𝙴𝟷𝟺: 𝙰 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚋𝚢 𝙻𝚎𝚘 𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚣

Start from the beginning

Hazel gets up and follows her out. "Come on, Annabeth."

"I can't. I have to support your boyfriend."

"Boo," Piper teases.

Leo packs the small camera crew into his living room so they can capture his friends' thoughts before they're out in public and have to pretend to like everyone. Travis and Jake look nice; they've managed to find suits that are all black so that they can blend in as members of the crew, but they also kind of look like the character Loki in Thor: Ragnarok.

Travis points the camera at Jason and Leo asks his first question.

"So why did you tell everyone to get here an hour early?"

Without skipping a beat, Jason says, "Because if we don't leave in half an hour, we'll be late. They're already late."

"Hey!" Percy says, bursting through the door that was left unlocked for convenient sit-com entrances. "So sorry we're late! We forgot to pick up a gift and had no idea what to get them."

"We went with the pasta maker," Annabeth says. "Everyone needs a pasta maker."

"Shoot," Leo says from off-screen. "Do you think I could write my name on your card?"

Percy sighs and sets the wedding gift on the coffee table.

Jason answers his phone and says, "Just wait down there. We'll come to you."

Percy mutters something under his breath and picks his wedding gift back up before following Jason and Piper out the door.

Leo and his camera crew follow the friends down way too many stairs and out the door. Hazel and Frank are waiting for them in the parking lot.

Hazel looks nice in her little black dress paired with a pink sweater that came out of Piper's closet. It's a fun modest contrast to Piper's funky 70s getup or Annabeth's red dress that also probably came out of Piper's closet. Leo's starting to wonder if the girls all have one joint closet that he doesn't know about.

"See what I mean?" Jason asks the camera. "We can't show up late to a wedding. Now that everyone's here half an hour after I told them to be, we can get there on time. Wait, Frank, don't do that!"

"Don't do what?" Frank asks over the dinging of Jason's minivan. Between Leo and the mechanic, that thing almost didn't pass state inspection. It probably won't pass next year because that thing's carbon emissions make it an environmental hazard.

Frank winces while the minivan warns the entire parking lot that someone is struggling to open its faulty doors.

Jason facepalms and then addresses the group. "Alright, everyone in the van before someone thinks we're stealing it."

"Relax, bro," Percy says, patting his friend on the back. "Nobody listens to car alarms anymore."

"Gee, thanks," he says, climbing into the driver's seat and putting the key into the ignition.

The van does not start.

"Dammit!" Jason shouts, smacking the steering wheel. If the neighbors didn't think the van was being stolen before, they might now.

"C'mon, guys," Leo says to the crew. He moves around to the front of the vehicle and props the hood open. Other than the fact that the engine is a piece of shit, there isn't much wrong with this thing. He grabs the rat's nest that was built in the car overnight and tosses it into the bushes. "Somebody get me some hand sanitizer."