End of Sports Festival

Narrator's pov

Lee woke up in Recovery Girl's office covered in bandages like Aizawa. Recovery girl doesn't understand why these kids push themselves so far for the Sports Festival. First, Midoriya and now Lee. They make her job so much harder.

She said the the most significant issue is his left arm. It took Todoroki's flames and a lot of damage from Bakugo's blasts. It had suffered severe burns and will take months to completely heal.

Some U.A staff escorted me to a podium along with Bakugo, Todoroki, and Kaibara.

"Hey Lee! You put on an incredible performance!" Kaibara said before he noticed Lee's bandages. "Oh crap, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I just can't push my limit for a while, but then I will be back in top shape!" Lee replied.

"Oh that's good, y'know watching you from the sidelines, you looked like a real hero!" Kaibara praised.

"Thanks, I tried my best" I said as the staff escorted me to the 2nd podium.

"Seems they are starting the award ceremony." Todoroki commented.

He was right, I hear fireworks setting off as our Podium rises, the roof opens and I see smoke. We rise through the smoke through a wave of cheers.

Kaibara was smiling, soaking in the moment. Shoto is looking at his father. Lee is disappointed in himself and Bakugo despite getting first place, doesn't look happy either.

"We will now start the award ceremony!" Midnight began. "The presentation of the medals will, of course, be by this man..." She points to the roof.

We hear laughter as we look above to see a giant figure, with a large smile on his face. It's All Might.

He said something as he makes a superhero landing but Midnight accidentally talked over him.

All Might began to distribute the awards starting with Kaibara, he told him that if he strengthened his skills in hand to hand combat then he would easily become a top hero.

He then went to Todoroki, who revealed that he wants to be a hero like him. All Might encouraged him to pursue his path.

All Might then walked towards Lee, who couldn't believe it. His idol is walking over specifically to him to talk.

"You have a great path ahead of you young man. Today, you've become an inspiration to many, not just the quirkless but taught that with hard work, anything is possible." All Might praised.

"Sir, it sounded like they didn't want me to win, like I provoked them." Lee told him.

"Perfection takes time, it took me a decade of training to be what they call the 'Symbol of Peace'" All Might assured. "Your time will come, and I guarantee that people all around the world connected with you." 

He flashed Lee an even bigger smile before he marched onward to Bakugo.

All Might tried to encourage Bakugo but Bakugo just yelled at him, Lee heard him say something about almost losing a quirkless.

He tried to put the medal on Bakugo who tries to deny it but All Might forced it down his teeth.

All Might thanked everyone for their hard work and just like that, the first-year sports festival ended.

As Lee's class exit back to Vlad King, Lee looked back at the stadium for one final time. He will remember the crowd, his classmates, his opponents, All Might, for a very long time.

Vlad King announced that there won't be class in the next two days to recuperate.

As Lee hopped on the train back home, a lot of people surrounds him.

"Excuse me, Rock Lee from U.A." Lee turns around to see a male worker. "Good job on the sports festival! You made it to the finals as a quirkless person right? That's truly impressive!" The man complimented.

"Thanks sir, I just did my best." Lee replied.

 "It's not just that, I'm quirkless too! You've gave me hope for the future of us quirkless people. You've also inspired my kids as they watched the Sports Festival, thank you so much!"

Other people start commenting too, encouraging him. 

Lee didn't know what to feel, he didn't get encouraged much since he began training other than by Guy or close friends. All Might was right, people have connected with Lee, the world isn't against him anymore.

"Thanks for your support!" Lee suddenly yelled.