The Cavalry Battle

Lee's pov

All the rest of the participants finally finished as Midnight announces the next round.

"The second round of the U.A sports festival first-year stage is...." She began. "A cavalry battle with the top 42 from the qualifier!" she announces as the screen lands on 'Cavalry Battle'. "Izuku Midoriya who scored first in the qualifier, is worth ten million points!"

Suddenly, all eyes were on that poor boy. All of a sudden, I don't feel that bad about winning the tournament anymore. 

Midnight proceeded to explain the rules to the Cavalry Battle about headbands and carrying people. Now we have 15 minutes to pick teams. Immediately, i see people finding teams all around me, but few were willing to come even in my vicinity. This is bad, it seems that news easily spread about my lack of quirk.

"Hey Lee, seems you're desperate for partners?" I turn around and I see Monoma, Tsuburaba, and Kaibara. "We welcome you with open arms to join us, and we will represent Class 1-B by crushing Class 1-A" Monoma said with a smirk.

"Well," I began "I think this would make a great team, I accept the invitation." Not that I have much of a choice, I don't have many friends."

"Very well, I've stayed in the back of the race to analyze other people's quirks. My quirk allows me to copy the quirk of whoever I touch one at a time for five minutes." Monoma explained. "So, I'll be the rider and spot out any quirks or open headbands I can snatch. So you guys will carry me to them."

Words weren't needed, one look and he can tell that we all got the plan.

"Good, time is almost up, prepare to win." Monoma confidently stated.

Present Mic woken Aizawa from his sleep as he announces the start of the Cavalry battle.

We horses pick Monoma up and secure on our arms.

"Tetsutetsu" Monoma catches the attention of the man of steel. "No hard feelings okay?"

"Right!" He replied with a fist.

Mic counted down "Three! Two! One!"

"Start" Midnight ordered.

Immediately, chaos erupted and the majority of the teams went after Midoriya. But we didn't do that, Monoma declared that going after them would be a pain considering that Hatsume is there and provided a jetpack and Tokoyami's dark shadow. 

Monoma saw the opportunity of a steal with a invisible girl distracted by her conquest of Midoriya's headband. He ordered us to move towards her and he managed to snatch her headband without her noticing.

We then marvel at Bakugo flying after Midoriya and his jetpack, is that allowed? He tried to take the headband but Dark Shadow got in the way, Bakugo then got taped and returned to his team.

But we saw the opportunity, even without Monoma's orders we rushed to his team and managed to snatch their headband. And according to Present Mic's shock, my class is actually dominating the leaderboard other than Midoriya.

"Class 1-A is too simple-minded." Monoma taunted as we got away. 

"What'd you say! I'll kill you!" Bakugo threatened.

Monoma continued with his mind games against the Class 1-A powerhouse. "You're pretty famous, aren't you? From the famous Sludge Monster incident. Tell me about it sometime."

The aura around Bakugo felt like the reemergence of the devil. 

I saw that Todoroki's team and Midoriya's team were duking it out. And unfortunately, it seems my classmates aren't doing so well anymore. But I put my attention back to Bakugo. He's purely enraged from Monoma's taunts.