Practical Exams

Lee's pov

Nezu explained the rules. There will be 30 minutes to finish the exam, us students can win by putting a pair of handcuffs on the opponent teacher or by having one of us escape from the stage. We are supposed to treat the teachers as villains to simulate this as close to a real scenario as possible. Obviously the teachers are much more experienced than us, so they all put on weights to half their body weight to give us an advantage.

"Each team will take the practical exam in order on the prepared stage" Vlad King explained. "Lee, Tetsutetsu, get ready."

"Yes sir!" We both simultaneously responded.

We followed Cementoss towards our battleground. It is a city similar to the one in the entrance exam.

We reached our spots and were waiting for Cementoss to get to his. 

I know I'm not the smartest in the world but Cementoss isn't someone I can face head on. His quirk is really useful in this area. Tetsutetsu probably will though, he seems to rely on his pure power to solve his problems.

"Hey Tetsutetsu!" I get his attention. "How about you face Mr. Cementoss while I flank him from the side?"

"Sounds good man, you can count on me!" Tetsutetsu smirked giving me the thumbs-up.

I smiled back as we get ready.

"Ready? Start!" The announcer suddenly announced.

Immediately Tetsutetsu runs straight across the street in front of us as I slowly follow from behind, but not even within ten seconds, a wall of cement emerged in front of him. I didn't know Mr. Cementoss's range was that long. 

I dive into a nearby building as Tetsutetsu breaks Cementoss's walls. I traverse from building into building closer to Cementoss until I am finally close enough.

He seems to not see me, too focused with Tetsutetsu.

I jump out of the building, lunging towards Mr. Cementoss! 

"I'm not so foolish to ignore my surroundings, Lee." He calmly said as he simply repositions a hand to send a wave of cement after me.

I manage to dodge out of the way but he's pinned me to a nearby wall. The cement approaches as I'm left pondering what to do. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a little gap between the walls of cement. I charge and tackle through the gap to weasel my way out of my cage. 

The cement collapsed on where I previously was, but no more came. It seems he didn't see my escape. I take this opportunity to charge at him, I take out my handcuffs but it seems he's heard the sound of it. He turns around and barely catches both my hands.

I try to free my hands, but he's gripping on them tightly. I kick his stomach to finally get separation between us. But that was a mistake, he places his hands back on the ground to send more cement after me. I roll out of the way and charge towards him, and I face plant into a wall of cement. I managed to get out of his line of sight by running around for a while.

I dive into another building, but that gave me an idea. I go upstairs and peek above a window to pinpoint where Mr. Cementoss is. I see him, it seems he's trying to figure out where I'm at as well. I smash through the window and jump on top of a wall of cement, he almost instantly saw me and tries to raise his walls but I just jump on top of those as well.

I leap off the wall, lunging straight towards Mr. Cementoss. I go for a tackle but he just placed a wall of wet cement to protect himself, it caught me and solidified. My entire right torso is now stuck. 

He summons more cement to completely encase me before suddenly I hear a sound that made my ears ring.

"Get off him!" I hear a familiar loud voice, it's definitely Tetsutetsu.

The sounds of cement and metal rang through the arena as I eventually break free from the cement. 

I go towards the sounds and I see Tetsutetsu and Cementoss fighting. Tetsutetsu goes for a punch but Cementoss catches it. Cementoss doesn't look too concerned when he saw me as he seems to have expected me.

What he didn't expect was me pulling out my handcuffs and throwing it straight to his face to stun him.

Tetsutetsu punched him with his other hand.

I tackle Mr. Cementoss to the floor and eventually handcuffed him after I figured out how they worked.

"Hell yeah man!" Tetsutetsu yelled out.

"You guys had next to no time to prepare or develop a strategy, yet you still beat me. Well done." Cementoss praised.

"Team Rock Lee and Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu pass!" The announcer declared.

We return to the class to view the other battles.

Yanagi and Kodak's quirk paired together extremely well. They managed to trap Present Mic to allow them to escape.

Kendo and Monoma started out with some bickering, Midnight even put Monoma to sleep. But they won when Kendo straight up threw Monoma through the exit.

Tokage and Komori started out bad. Komori's quirk couldn't do much against Snipe because of his mask. But eventually Tokage got one of her body parts through the exit.

Honenuki and Tsunotori showed off excellent teamwork. Pony used her quirk to lift up both her and Honenuki past the trap. Honenuki sank Power Loader using full advantage of his weights.

Kamikiri and Shishida's match was incredibly destructive. Principal Nezu was in a crane using a wrecking ball to use the chain effect to block out the paths of the heroes. But Shishida and Kamikiri were incredibly fast and eventually went through the path to the exit that the Principal mercifully left them.

Kaibara and Tsuburaba displayed excellent teamwork. But they couldn't beat Vlad King in a head to head fight so they were forced to run through the exit with Tsuburaba blocked out mr. Vlad King.

Shiozaki and Bondo were doing incredibly well until Ectoplasm pulled out his giant clone. After running for 10 minutes Shiozaki eventually used her vines to throw Bondo through the exit.

Rin and Awase had some trouble with Thirteen, but Awase let himself get pulled into her and fused the handcuff and her suit together.

Kurioro and Shishida vs All Might was spectacular. It was basically Shishida vs All Might since Kurioro went off for the exit. Shishida actually got a few good hits in on All Might although they did next to no damage to the Symbol of Peace. Eventually Kurioro found the exit and they won. 

So, everyone in my class has passed the practical exam! And they've all done well too! So we should all be able to go to the training camp in the woods.