🦋 13 🦋

Thousand's of curious eyes watched me as I made my way towards Reyansh

Thousand's of curious eyes watched me as I made my way towards Reyansh . My fiancé .The seriousness of what I had agreed upon and the crippling anxiety came all rushing down on me , at this particular moment , as I walked through the crowd smiling and head held up high when on the inside I wanted to turn around , run away and never look back .

Flickering flashes of cameras blinded me as they clicked the pictures that would go up on tomorrow's newspapers and break the internet . But the only thing that mattered now was playing the perfect couple . I said yes . My refusal would only upset everyone . Agreeing with our families for this alliance was a risk and the biggest gamble I played with my heart . I knew it was a dangerous gamble but I did it anyway . And now , there was no turning back . Not when our families's reputation was at stake .

His blue eyes were locked with mine , staring back at me from across the hall , both of us equally captivated by each other's gaze . His hand reached out towards me and I let it engulf mine before he pulled me closer and pressed his lips to my forehead .The crowd in the background roared and the cheers rangout as I tried to not shudder under his touch .

“Congratulations fiancée.” He whispered in my ear and stepped away letting our hands intertwine giving it a squeeze before facing the crowd again .

My eyes flickered to where mom and dad stood , ecstatic and pure joy in their eyes as they talked animatedly to the guests . Something warm tugged at my heart knowing that I was the reason for their goofy smiles .

A gentle melody started playing and the couples began to file in on the dance floor .

“Dance with me.” Reyansh whispered leaning into me . Biting my lip I contemplated for a good few seconds . Saying no wasn't an option since we had eyes watching our every move . He led me onto the floor and wrapped his hand around my waist while mine went around his neck . His Navy blue suit only enhanced his blue eyes . It took everything in me to not make eye contact with him as we swayed to the music . Instead I took in our surroundings lit up with candles and flowers to distract myself with .

I grew still as people turned to watch us . I felt the need to look around us and to my absolute horror everyone was leaving to clear the dance floor for the new couple . Aka us . We were the centre of everyone's attention . The media started capturing the moments to their hearts content as I turned stiff and colour drained from face whereas the man in my arms did nothing but radiate confidence .

“Breathe.” he commanded and I did . His vanilla and oud scent was soft and soothing like the song playing in the background , bringing me comfort in the midst of the chaos .

 His vanilla and oud scent was soft and soothing like the song playing in the background , bringing me comfort in the midst of the chaos

Miraya was the writer but I could read her like an open book . And right now her thoughts consisted of summoning the Gods to make her disappear . All this crowd was making her uncomfortable . I tried talking our parents out of this huge ass party and have a small and intimate announcement instead ,  just like she would have liked . But the old bats didn't budge . So here we were .

She hasn't spoken a word to me yet  and it was starting to annoy me . I could practically feel the tension from her body as we danced to put up a show for the world . She went stiff in my arms . Stiffer than a board and I planned to change that .

“Move your hips sweetheart .”
I teased innocently moving her closer by her waist . It took her a few seconds to realise the innuendo but when she did , her body grew stiffer if that was even possible making me laugh . Crimson coated her cheeks and neck as she regained her composure . Atleast now I had her attention .

She was dressed like magic and distraction . Her silver dress sparkled even with our slightest movements . Her skin glowed from the reflection of lights . She was so alluring that three fuckers who were not me stopped and stared at her as she moved around the room , totally captivated . I counted .

Her hair fell gently around her face as she looked into my eyes with a mischievous glint and a smile that knocked the breath out of me and then stepped on my toes .
Twice . Deliberately .

“Fuck” I curse under my breath trying to keep balance . She laughed and twirled away leaving me completely breathless .

This is what my life has come to . The woman I avoided with passion throughout my entire miserable existence, now laughing at my expense . A gasp left her lips as I pulled her into me and crushed our bodies together , still dancing . I dug my fingers into her waist with enough force to make her shiver . Her heart rate sped up and her breathing shallowed as I whispered “ Is that how you treat your fiancé ? ” pretending to be hurt and mocking her with a smug smile while she glared daggers at me .

“We aren't engaged.”
She boldly countered .

“Yet.” I winked at her . The song chose a perfect time to end as I let her go .

She was angry and flustered .
And this maybe one of my favourite combinations .

May you bump into a cute stranger 🦋~chaoticmind 2311

~chaoticmind 2311