🦋 07 🦋

Kiara and her parents arrived earlier while I was in my room , trying to calm down

Kiara and her parents arrived earlier while I was in my room , trying to calm down . It took me a minute or two to collect myself before I headed back downstairs. I tried to be unbothered by him and his presence the whole entire time we were having dinner . Kabir joined us sometime after dinner . Our parents did most of the talking while Kiara and I engaged in our own little conversations . Reyansh and Kabir on the other hand sat there in silence , watching and listening .

The conversation died out once dad asked us all to head to his study . So that is where we were right now . In his study . We all settled down on the couches . With that the silence started getting heavier .

The way dad , mom and Kiara's parents sat there shuffling in their seats , stealing eye contacts with each other from time to time .
They were clearly nervous .
Oh God , what did they do?

Kiara was as confused as I was judging by the way she kept glancing back and forth between every one , every five seconds .

After a very long , uncomfortable and awkward silence dad opened the conversation again .
“Okay , I believe it's time we tell our kids the reason they are here tonight.”

“We have managed to top the ranking of the conglomerates with the highest market value in India , beating out major players in this field.”
Dad paused again looking at the others to make sure everyone understood what he said before continuing .

“As of now , the 50% controlling stakes are owned by our current chairman and CEO ,  Ansh kapoor .” He gestured towards Reyansh and Kiara's dad .

“30% stakes lies with the CFO , that is me and 10% each with Reyansh and Kabir.”
He went on .

“However , It's time we change the structure of our board members.”
He glanced at Reyansh who stiffened in his seat . It took me a second to realise what he was intending to say . Oh God .

“As the chairman and major share holders of this company , we have the ultimate authority to elect and appoint a new and a deserving CEO. Reyansh has proved to be an exemplary choice since he is highly qualified to manage  these companies and a worthy successor not to mention he is one of our best entrepreneurs and innovators . So after giving it a lot of thought , we are confident you will make a good CEO Reyansh and bring us a better future .”
Dad smiled .

At this point everyone looked over at Reyansh who sat there nonchalant as if he didn't just get promoted to a CEO . Right . A wall has more emotions then him .

Before anyone of us could congratulate him , his dad stopped us . He then turned towards me . He had the ability to look intimidating and stern to the outsiders . But to me , he was like my fatherly figure .

Reyansh scoffed , not even bothering to mask his irritation. He was cold and distant . It seemed like he already knew what was coming . It seemed he already agreed to what was coming .

“This is going to sound really weird but...”
he started hesitating, almost seeming afraid to say the next words. He gestured to us both .
Both as in Reyansh and me .
No . No . No . No . No . No .
I felt a weight dropping down my chest making it harder to breathe . My throat felt dry and I felt faint . The dinner threatened to come back up but I forced myself to breathe . Calm down Miraya , calm down .

“Miraya , I am asking your hand in marriage for Reyansh . For you to be his wife and take care of him and allow him to do the same for you . I understand you need time to think about it but please consider it .”
His expression were pleading and his eyes serious .

“I—you—what?”
My eyes flicked from Reyansh to his dad to my dad in disbelief . Why would they propose such a thing ? The worst part was that Reyansh already agreed to it . I could see it in his eyes .

His stupid blue eyes .

Phewwwww ! This was such a hard chapter to write

Phewwwww ! This was such a hard chapter to write . But thankyou Dad for proposing a marriage on behalf of your son 🧎🏻‍♀️👩🏻‍🦽.

May you realise how amazing of a soul you are🦋
~chaoticmind2311