🦋 09 🦋

The strong and bitter taste of whiskey burned down my throat as I drank the contents of the glass

The strong and bitter taste of whiskey burned down my throat as I drank the contents of the glass .

“Close the deal at 3 million .”
I said as I took one last angry swig from my glass and put it on the table with more force than necessary . Kabir sat across from me quietly chuckling as he took sips of his own drink , clearly amused at my misery . The old man besides him hummed in contemplation .

“Okay , I will draw up the contract as soon as possible . You will have the keys to your appart—”

“—penthouse .”
I cut him off . It wasn't a measly apartment .

“Right . Your penthouse .”
He nodded in agreement slightly irritated , stood up , shook my hand and left .

I tried to stay calm . I really did . But she always has new and improved ways to test my patience . For example right now .

She stood there smiling and laughing  with a man I didn't know . Her dark brown hair fell over her shoulders . She had on a short white dress that  hugged her curves perfectly and showed her toned legs . My eyes trailed over her body slowly and stopped at the anklet dangling on her left ankle just above her  high heels that made her appear taller , she could easily reach for my neck if she wanted to . Her skin was smooth and flawless and glistened under the lights .

She looked like an angel . From heaven or hell , I don't know .

All I know is that I am unreasonably frustrated .
Was she on a date ?
He wasn't even her type for fuck's sake .
His eyes were glued on her face and anyone with eyes could tell what was going through that bastard's mind . He looked completely dazed by her , thirsting over her like a fucking camel . I knew his hands itched to reach out and touch her . She seemed oblivious of what  was going through that camel's head , giggling to whatever lame joke he must have made .

The whole time the estate agent was trying to explain the features of my newly bought penthouse  I was sitting here watching them flirt with each other and mentally cursing the shit out of him .

Kabir laughed loudly from where he sat looking at me as I looked at Miraya and that camel .

“What are you laughing at ? I don't see anything funny .”
I glared daggers in his direction .

“I didn't know you were the jealous type .”
Kabir smirked taking another sip of his drink .

“I am not jealous . Fuck off .”
He chuckled again .

I looked back at Miraya and that cam—guy . His hand was resting on her knee and she looked slightly uncomfortable . That's it . I stood up abruptly and  headed towards her . Her attention shifted to me and her jaded green eyes widened with surprise as I stood before them .

“You have two seconds to take your hands off of her before I shoot you in both your eyes .”
I hissed at the man who gulped and stepped away from Miraya as if she was on fire .  She was still confused and pissed at me . She was about to protest but one look from me shut her up . I was very well aware that I was being an asshole and she didn't need me to step in . But I will always step in when it comes to her . Whether she likes it or not .

'The shorter than me guy'  cleared his throat and turned towards Miraya .
“I guess….. I will see you later Iyana ?”

Iyana ?
So she fooled him . Little liar . She gave him a fake name . A name of one of the characters from her last book . I scoffed and she blushed while 'the shorter than me guy' stood there nervous and confused glancing between us both and then left . Good for him . I relaxed a bit as I watched him leave . The annoyance from earlier turned into amusement as I faced her . She turned away from me and downed an entire glass of something before I could even process . I grabbed the glass out of her hand before she could ask for another .

“Come on . Let's go .”
She was drunk and it was late . So if she thinks I was going to leave her here she was stupid .

She took a seat on one of the bar stools facing away completely ignoring me . I hated when she did that . She never looked me in the eyes . I shook my head at her antics .

I parted her knees and stood between her thighs , leaned in  until her back was pressed against the bar top and her heartbeat all over the place .

“Three seconds , Miraya .”
I was authoritative as I whispered but my voice came out hoarse . She gulped and looked at me with her doe eyes and turned red . She was breathing harshly when she spoke .

“Kiara —I need to find her — I can't go with you .”
She shook her head lightly . I sighed deeply and texted Kabir to find Kiara and get her home safely .

“Kabir will get her .”
I declared and started walking towards the exit without saying a word . She followed me as fast as she could with those heels on .

“Where are we going ?”
She asked when she caught up .

“You are coming home with me ."
She couldn't keep up with me so I slowed down until our steps fell in sync . She was more than drunk judging by her balance , or lack thereof . She was fucking swaying .

“If you pass out , I am not going to catch you .” I warned her .

She abruptly stopped walking , looked up at me with her bloodshot eyes . Her soft plump lips pulled into a stupid evil smile and then looked down at her heels .
No way in hell am I going to carry her .
God this sucks .

I have attached a photo to this chapter

I have attached a photo to this chapter . Do check it  out✨

May your favourite author update🦋
~chaoticmind2311