🦋 04 🦋

A long relaxing shower was what I needed to unwind a little

A long relaxing shower was what I needed to unwind a little. I stepped out of the shower and draped a black towel around my waist and walked to the dresser . I picked out a black turtle neck and a black suit to pair with it . I pushed my wet hairs back and slipped on my customised Montblanc watch that showed 8 pm on my wrist . I glanced at my reflection in the mirror before grabbing my phone and heading downstairs . I saw one of the house helpers in the living room and told her to let mom know that I won't be having dinner with them tonight .

I climbed into the black Mercedes Benz and drove towards the outskirts of the city to pay him a little visit . Wasabi - the restaurant with high glass and double gates came into view . I pulled in and climbed out of the car and handed the keys to the valet .

A young man dressed in blue suit and white shirt held the door open for me as I walked in the restaurant . The rich smell of spices and expensive perfumes filled my nostrils .The atmosphere was dimly lit and soft music played in the background .

I saw tables filled with people who I mostly have conducted business with in the past . Some of them even looked in my direction .

A waiter with a bow tie and black vest approached me with a calculated smile . He was clearly intimidated by me . I wouldn't blame him .

"Mr Kapoor , How may I help you ?"
He asked with a little shake in his voice .

I looked down at my watch and back at him .
"I am here for Mr Singhania."

He nodded and asked for me to follow him to the back of the room specially reserved for him where luxury creeped up the walls , chandelier hanged from the ceiling . Everything about this restaurant screamed money . When I got there , there was a woman with a dark ponytail and body tight dress already seated in one of the two chairs . I approached the table and took a seat on the comfortable leather chair opposite her . She took a deep breath and checked me out shamelessly .

A deep irritated voice interrupted me before I could even introduce myself . I smirked knowing that I hit a nerve .

"What are you doing here ?"
He gritted out , his cockiness from earlier fading into clear irritation.

"Oh I was just keeping your date a little company ."
I smirked and turned around in my chair to see him .

A pair of angry grey eyes looked down at me . His hands were balled tightly at his side and his jaw tense . There was an aura radiating off of him and I don't think anyone would believe it if we said we were actually friends judging by the way his cold grey eyes looked murderously at me as if I had killed his dog. Not that he had any . He wasn't capable of love . Like me . We bonded over our mutual disinterest in anything but work .

Mafia and business was a complicated game and none of us wanted to be involved in it . Not even remotely. But when it came down to it , we didn't exactly have a choice . I wouldn't call it mafia . Just a little .... Illicit organization that dealt with violence and unlawful forbidden practices. And before me stood the man who perfectly fitted that world . Kabir Singhania . Clad in black pants and white shirt with a dangerous past . A ruthless person who knew everyone and everything that existed inside this society. I was no better. We were similar in more ways than one . We hated people . The Kapoor industries were all a cover up for our gang - The Melantha . It wasn't supposed to exist in the first place but death of Mr Singhania gave birth to The Melantha . Kabir and I were two sides of the same coin . I handled the legal whereas he dealt with the otlawed. We were each other's backup . We sure weren't the best but we were powerful and feared . That's how we fit .

"I am afraid we will have to cut this short , darling ."
He turned to his date and said with a fake smile . His eyes showed displeasure and annoyance .

"Ofcourse !"
She stood up and walked towards me forwarding a firm hand . I took it .
Just to piss him off.

"Ananya . It's nice to meet you ."
She said as she looked me up and down .

"Likewise ."
I said and placed a gentle kiss on the back of her hand to piss him off further .

He watched us intently with an ugly scowl until she left .

Yep I definitely hit a nerve .
My smirk widened and his glare intensified .

"How did you find me?"
He narrowed his eyes at me .

"I have my ways ."
He snorted dismissively .

"I beleive we have something of importance to discuss."
I steered our conversation in that direction , hoping he would give me a heads up of what is to be discussed tomorrow over lunch with dad and Mr Parikh.

His expression turned genuine for a split second before returning into his smug self . Ofcourse he would get back at me for interrupting his date .

"Impatient now , are we ?"
He sounded calm but I knew he was mocking me .

"When it comes to Melantha , yes ! "
I shrugged and ordered Shiraz , the most expensive wine this restaurant could offer .

"It's not about Melantha ."
He countered .

I raised a brow while sipping some wine .
"What's wrong ?"

"Wouldn't you like to know ?"
He asked with a playful smirk .
It's always like this with him .
Little shit .

"Not the right place to discuss ."
He added with a shrug and took another sip of his own drink . It must be serious . There's a reason I trust him . I consider him my brother in some sort of way . I guess I will have to wait until lunch then .

I nodded and left without paying the bill . That's what he gets for waking me up at 3 in the fucking morning .

So Mafia and shit ?Surprise mfs😌I have attached a picture to this chapter

So Mafia and shit ?
Surprise mfs😌

I have attached a picture to this chapter .

May you find money from your jeans pocket 🦋
~chaoticmind2311