🦋 12 🦋

I am NEVER drinking again

I am NEVER drinking again .
I would rather be dead than hungover . My eyes were still blurry and I could hardly focus on anything as I stood up from the bed . My head felt like it was going to explode and I hissed clutching my head as I made my way towards Kiara's room . She was fresh out of shower and digging out clothes as I entered her room . She glanced at my way , her eyes still bloodshot . We stared at each other for a moment and then broke out in hysteria . As we laughed , our heads pounding we tried not to cry at how ridiculous this all was . Our laugh began to die down and we managed to calm down .
Yep , never drinking again .

“Freshen up , I will be waiting .”
She said and went back to her closet .

After 20 minutes or so , I pulled myself out of the shower and trudged to her closet . Being her bestfriend I had the free pass and unlimited access to her closet and I always took advantage of that privilege . I pulled out a black oversized hoodie that I hadn't seen in her closet before and paired it with brown cargo pants . After dressing I made my way to where I knew she was waiting . I took in her outfit and just like me she was wearing a hoodie too . One that said ' this is my hangover hoodie ' . I chuckled at her while she smirked at my choice of outfit . Together we stumbled down the staircase and straight to the dining area .

We found uncle sitting there reading newspaper who grinned and waved us over as we neared him . Aunty on the other hand poured us each a glass of  something …. unrecognisable ? She impatiently waited as we took one sip of the liquid . It was awful . Scrunching my nose I turned to her .
“I am not going to —”
She raised a perfect brow daring me to finish that sentence . With a heavy sigh Kiara and I both downed the entire glass trying not to groan in disgust . Soon enough we all settled for breakfast . All except one .

A helper served us pancakes and toast and placed a large jug of coffee besides the trays . As expected there was every possible topping for the pancake , from nuts and fruit to chocolate and maple syrup but no honey to drizzle on it  . Apparently , Mr Grumpy here hated honey for some reason . I wasn't really sure why , but anything honey or honey related was banned in this house . As I was about to dig into my breakfast Kiara nudged my leg with her's under the table . I followed her direction to see her looking at Reyansh as he walked gracefully in the dining room .

I watched dumbfounded and mesmerized . God he looked gorgeous . He wore a white button down shirt , his sleeves rolled up revealing his tanned veiny hands . He wore confidence . His raven hair was slicked back and combed neatly , only a few strands falling over his peircing eyes . The dark stubble on his face made him look older and more chiselled . As he got closer I averted my eyes not wanting to get caught ogling him . As he reached his seat he greeted his parents and settled down . He glanced at my way and scrunched his brows in confusion and then smirked at my…….. hoodie ? What is it with these siblings and my attire ? Unlike us , his plate was stacked with fruits and everything healthy . The rest of the breakfast passed in small talks discussing work and business .

“6 days from now , we are announcing my retirement and Reyansh's promotion .” uncle announced . The table went silent and my heart picked up and unhealthy speed . It meant he would retire and Reyansh would transition into his new role but it also meant they were expecting an answer from me .

I stared at the food infront of me , my appetite gone , while everyone finished in silence .

“Reyansh will drop you home .”
Reyansh glared at his father who was trying to play cupid but nodded nonetheless . Without a word he left and I had no choice but to bid goodbye and leave after him .

The ride back home was tense and I wanted nothing more than to disappear . When we finally arrived home I asked without giving it a thought .

“Can we talk ?”
I asked softly and he simply sighed . As much as I would rather ignore everything there were things I needed to know .

“I have a business to run sweetheart and I can't do that spending my time chatting with you .”
He replied coldly .

“Well you can't just go around ignoring the elephant in the car . We have to talk abo—”

“—elephant in the room ”
He corrected me and I rolled my eyes at him .

“Why did you agree to all this ?”
If he thinks he's leaving without answering he is very wrong .

He turned off the ignition and faced me with an amused expression .
“It wasnt a choice , love . You know how our world works . I only had two choices . To refuse the alliance and jeopardize our relations with your family or to risk falling in a loveless marriage . I chose the latter . I said yes .” He shrugged .

He was right . Arranged marriages in our world is anything but unusual . It is a norm for those with money and power . A way to make alliances and secure business deals . Sometimes people get lucky and fall in love with their arranged partner and sometimes they get locked in a loveless marriage .

“That doesn't explain the fact that you agreed to it so easily. ”
I debate and scrutinize his bored expression . I need answers to make a final decision so I take a deep breath , brace myself and ask .
“What happens once I agree with this ?”

“You are agreeing to this .”
His eyes meet mine and they smirk in response . I turn away from him but he does not seem phased by my anger .

“Hypothetically speaking .”

“Hypothetically speaking if you say yes Miraya our engagement will be announced 6 days later on the same day of my promotion and the actual ceremony will be followed a week later . ”

“So , will you marry me ?”
I freeze at his words and red rushes to my cheeks leaving me all warm and I don't dare look at him . I hear a soft snicker from beside me and see him smile at me .
Fucking tease .

I hurry to get out of his car and slam the door shut . But before I could walk away he rolls down the windows and calls for me .
“Miraya ?”

Reluctantly I turn towards him and snap at him crossing my arms and glaring at him .
“What ? ”

“It looks good on you . My hoodie .”
He says with mirth sparkling in his eyes .

"Little thief ."
He remarks under his breath still smiling leaving me all flustered .

Shit .
My eyes widen in embarrassment and I feel heat rushing to my cheeks . Again .
Can this day be any better ?
Before I can defend myself he backs out of the driveway and drives off . Once again leaving me in a shade of red .

May your exams get postponed 🦋~chaoticmind2311

~chaoticmind2311