Chapter 18

I enter Nirmal Singh's office to find him smoking a cigar

I enter Nirmal Singh's office to find him smoking a cigar. Huh. Smoking is what got his favorite person killed but whatever. He can die for all I care. He turns to look at me. His composure relaxed. Won't stay like that for long. I'll enjoy every bit of ruin that tomorrow brings him.

"Are you here to back- out princess? Since it's election day tomorrow? Want to save face?" Argh! All I want to do is break his face.

"No. I just came here to give you a heads up. You're going to lose and I'll enjoy every bit of it. Your days of glory are over Nirmal Singh. If they ever started, that is. So enjoy your last night in here. You won't get this tomorrow." His face twists into a snarl. As if it wasn't hideous enough before.

His ego is too big to let his tiny little brain think of what I said just now. He will ignore it and enjoy his last day as a minister. He thinks he'll be king tomorrow. I can't even think of it without an urge to throw up.

My father took a week and then I had everything I needed to blackmail the ministers. 12 of them, all on my side. If you ask me, 12 ministers is unnecessary. 6 could do the work just fine. My grandfather had 14. 1 died, one wants to be king. Useless fuckers.

I started my mission with dropping hints to the ministers of how I think Nirmal Singh won't hesitate to throw them off of his council. Doubts are a great weapon. Those ministers might not believe me blindly on my word but the seed of doubt I planted in their blind faith for Nirmal Singh,  worked like a charm. They started to question him, one openly questioned him in the cabinet meeting. The steam coming out of Nirmal's ears was comical. He didn't expect disobedience. Fucking piece of shit.

But the doubts weren't enough for the ministers to vote for me. That's where the blackmail came in handy. All the shit these people do. Kidnappings, money laundering, fathering children with their mistresses. Their poor wives, stuck with these horrible creatures. Even those innocent children, having fathers who don't have enough balls to claim them their's. And all this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I started with my blackmail yesterday. I didn't need to give these ministers time to find loopholes. Took me one day to visit them all and let them know what all I know about them.

                              □▪︎□▪︎□

                          Yesterday

I step out of my car. The house is modest. Minister Sambhav lives here with his wife and two children. Where does all of his money go if not to a lavish house and lifestyle?

He does have an expensive lifestyle. He lives it with his mistress. The one he keeps hidden away in an expensive penthouse. He sexually assaulted the poor girl and got her pregnant. Since then, he has given her all the luxuries to keep her mouth shut. Only if that helped his case. The girl wants out. His wife belongs to a rich family. He gained the money and power by marrying her.

She fell in love with him, so much so that she left all luxuries she grew up with behind and has been living with him in a house that is way under his pay grade.

I ring the doorbell, and a few minutes later, a young boy opens the door. He recognizes me. His expression is clear. He welcomes me inside and calls his parents. Sambhav comes with his wife, who has a warmth around her. Her name is Amrita.

We sit down and talk a little. Amrita tells me how she studied public relations but didn't do a job after marriage. Her 'great' husband wanted a housewife.

There is nothing wrong in being a housewife but it should be the woman's choice not her husband's. Another reason to hate the bastard. "It's so good of you to visit right a day before election princess. Are you trying to gain favor?" Amrita left for the kitchen a few minutes ago and this man has the audacity to look smug.

I pull a file out of my bag and give it to him. He opens it and his face pales. "Perhaps your wife would like to know the kind of favors you've been handing out." He quickly shuts the file as if that will erase everything. He isn't afraid of his wife finding out. He is afraid of her father finding out. It's quite hilarious, the look on his face.

"What do you want?"

"Isn't that obvious? I want you to vote for me in the election or your father in law would have a very interesting set of pictures mailed to him. Then God knows what he does of them."

His expression gives me so much satisfaction. He underestimated me. Now it's time he realizes who he decided to fuck with. Amrita comes back and he hides the file. She offers me lunch but I have to go deal with other ministers. I bid my goodbye to her. Poor woman is stuck with a vile creature.

I hold both her hands in mine to thank her for her hospitality. It's not her fault that her husband is a fucking pig. I walk out of there. I've already visited seven of these ministers. Five more and I'll be on my merry way back to home.

                             □▪︎□▪︎□

"WHO GAVE THIS TO YOU?"

"That is none of your concern. What you should be concerned about is what if the police found out? The CBI would have alot of fun taking out all the money you've stashed up. Since you don't have a family and have chosen to devote your life to crime, maybe it'll be fun to visit jail as well."

He snarls. Another minister who is barking out loud as if I've planted evidence against him. I swear this is getting boring. This one laundered money. And I am talking millions. His shoulders slump a little. Close to admitting defeat but his ego isn't letting him back down. He pulls a gun out of his desk drawer and points it at me. I simply roll my eyes.

"Everyone knows I am here. Even the media followed me. If I leave with even a single scratch, you'll be out of business and in jail for totally different reasons." He puts his gun back down.

"You know what I want minister. So tuck your tail back in place and follow the lead. Do what I say or you will not enjoy life as much as you are." I give him a sarcastic smile and leave.

The last man is out of the list. The day was exhausting in every way but the satisfaction I got today is something I will cherish forever.

I sit in my car and drive back to the palace. It took me while to sit back in a car. I was scared of it. So fucking scared. I don't have claustrophobia but I feel I do when I am in a car. The walls seem to close up on me and I remember everything I lost. But I don't let that deter me. It took me some time but I figured it out.

I reach the palace and enter my room to a very handsome man lying on my bed. Just in his sweatpants, his upper half bare for my eyes to feast on. He is asleep. It's early to sleep but he must be tired. I change out of my clothes and get in the bed next to him. His arms taking me in. "How did it go?" His eyes still closed and his voice laced with sleep.

"If they're not stupid, which I honestly doubt, then they'll choose to save their asses over greed."

"Good."

"Goodnight my prince."

"Goodnight baby."

                            □▪︎□▪︎□

What did you guys think?

Tell me your views. Two more chapters to go.

I have finished writing this story and I feel like publishing it all in the same day. I probably won't but still.

See you in the next one.