"We can't. We leave for the Creek at one," Lexi reminded me.

I let out another pained sound. Right. The Creek. "We can okay, we can," I said a little desperately.

"We can't. They'll leave without us," Lexi reminded me.

"This is why I don't drink," I whined again.

"This is why Alex is always on everyone's ass saying we can't drink before a trip to the Creek," Lexi added.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Look, go take a shower first, and I'll go leave a note to Anita begging her to make us food for once we wake up. I'll put a clock for like ten. That gives us about two hours of sleep."

"I'm very sorry that I made us drink this much," Lexi said, pouting.

"You're definitely going to have to pay for that," I agreed, and headed back downstairs.

I was a lot slower than I usually was though.

Once in the kitchen, I grabbed a post it and left it on the fridge for Anita with a scribbled demand.

I headed right back to my room.

Lexi was still in the shower when I got back, so I let myself fall face first on my bed and just waited like that for my Pumpkin to be done.

I almost fell asleep like that.

"Your turn," Lexi said, as she got out, crawling into my bed.

I took a deep breath, and pushed myself up, dragging my feet to my bathroom.

I brushed my teeth first and felt like a new man.

I stayed standing up in the shower staring at the wall for a little too long, just zoning out.

I was really not built to drink and party.

This kind of reminded me why I used to do it before. It really was to make myself suffer.

Eventually, I got out of the shower, put on some boxer briefs and headed back to bed.

I felt a little better now, being cleaned, and in my own stuff. I kinda hated going to sleep without being clean. I felt like I never could properly rest that way. It was one of my little quirks.

I snuggled beside Lexi, closing my eyes.

"I really missed the opportunity of the century to just sneak in the shower with you," Lexi mumbled.

I shook with silent laughter. "I can't drop my guards at any point in time. Lexi Grayson, always ready to pounce."

"Always," she replied, snuggling against me.

My head was still pounding, but at least I didn't really feel like puking. I just felt like all the sleep I hadn't had in the last week had caught up with me in one evening.

Which was quite the painful experience.

I put on an alarm for ten o'clock, and then let myself fall asleep.

I mostly just dozed off though.

Eventually, I did feel kind of rested.

My alarm hadn't rang yet.

Lexi was kind of brushing her fingers against my back. In most circumstances, it would have been a comforting gesture.

The thing was though...

Her lips found mine. We'd been kissing all night long yesterday. This just felt like the continuity. But now we didn't have Trevor to ruin the moment.

We kissed slowly at first, my hands slipping under my shirt she was wearing, pressing her against me.