chapter fifteen | international super spy

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
international super spy
┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓CHAPTER FIFTEENinternational super spy┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━

(episode three - power broker pt.1)

DIANA DOESN'T THINK she'll ever be in Germany for a good reason. The first time she ever left the country and she had to fight a god who was throwing a temper tantrum, the next time, she's escaping imprisonment, and now she has to see the person who tore her family apart like cotton candy. Diana didn't want to be here and Sam and Bucky knew that. It's why they avoided her burning gaze now, because everytime they looked at her she swore they looked guilty.

"He's just through that corridor," The guard spoke up, looking back at the three of them, he gave them a calculated stare. Diana understood the confusion. It made no sense for three avengers to be visiting someone that was probably the most detrimental to them other than Thanos.

"Alright," Bucky replied to the guard, "give us a sec."

The guard nodded and turned to walk over to the door. Diana adjusted her stance, preparing herself mentally to face Zemo, her hands shook, whether because she was nervous or because of the burning hatred within her, she didn't know.

"I'm gonna go in alone." Bucky said, his face looked like he was already prepared for the backlash. Diana's mind was racing, wondering what the hell Bucky was thinking.

"Why?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, Buck, why the hell would you do that?" Diana followed up, standing up straighter as she tilted her head.

"Cause you're an Avenger, you know how he feels about that," Bucky said to Sam, then turned to Diana, "And you were in Sokovia when it fell, you know he's putting part of the blame for you on that one."

"It's not like you two were known for frolickin' in the sun together," Sam countered.

"He was obsessed with HYDRA," The way Bucky spoke, he meant for his words to be final, "We have a history together trust me I got it."

Diana sighed, crossing her arms as she reluctantly nodded. She couldn't say that she doesn't trust Bucky, she knows that Zemo cant hurt him, nor can he make Bucky do anything he doesn't want. Those two years in Wakanda didn't just fix her foot, it saved Bucky. She remembered when he came to her hut in tears and practically begged Diana to recite the words. She did, and when the Soldier didn't come out, that's when she knew he was free.

Remembering that made her feel better watching him walk away, trailing her eyes down his backside helped too.

"So when are y'all gonna admit it?" Sam asked when Bucky disappeared behind the door.

Diana looked over at him, noting the smirk on his face and the glint in his eye that made him look like he knew all her secrets. Was there a secret that she and Bucky have? She couldn't think of any. But the way Sam was looking at her, made her rethink every interaction she's had with her older friend.