chapter eight | a lesson learned

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓
CHAPTER EIGHT
a lesson learned
┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓CHAPTER EIGHTa lesson learned┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━

EVERYONE WAS BACK. Thor, Clint, Nebula, Rocket. Carol couldn't make it and Okoye was helping the Queen Mother with Wakanda, where her duties lie; she was still on standby if needed. Diana felt a bit better, the team wasn't the same and it never will be, but Diana was okay with that because when everyone was back, when Wanda, Sam, and Bucky are back, it'll be better, she knows that.

She was typing away at the computer for Tony, finishing up the configuration of his machine to the system they have here at the compound.

"Drifting left. On the side there, Lebowski." Tony called out, Diana looked up to see that Tony was talking to Thor, he had gained some weight, sure, but the concern was the beer that he was drinking at 8 am, "Ratchet, How's it going?"

"It's Rocket, take it easy." The Raccoon fired back, she could hear the eye roll from under the glass platform where he worked, "You're only a genius on Earth, pal."

Diana giggled at the remark and shrugged at Tony's betrayed expression.

"Don't be too hurt, Tony, this is coming from the same guy that thought he could buy the Winter Soldiers' arm, in the middle of a full-on war," Diana snorted, quickly after the comment, she had to dodge a wrench thrown her way by the furry animal, followed by himself, chasing the tool down, looks like he still needed it.

"Wait, his name was the Winter Soldier?" Rocket asked, Diana had opened her mouth to correct him, let him know it was only a title, but Rocket busted into laughter, "that is the worst name I've ever heard of, and I met a man named TASER-FACE."

Diana shut her mouth after hearing that, tilting her head, what the fuck is going on with space-people and their names?

Tony just shook his head over the laughter and directed his attention to Diana. He pointed to a side room behind him.

"They need you in there, they're getting the trial suit ready for the test runs," Tony explained and Dina nodded. She had finished her configuration anyways with the help of F.R.I.D.A.Y.

She rubbed Rocket's head on her watched past and snickered at the raccoon-like noise he made as she did, fist-bumping Tony and patting Thor's arm as she left the testing chambers. She didn't even make it in the door of the room before she heard Scott yelling.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Scott called out as she entered the room, crossing her arms at the sight before her, "Easy, easy!"

Scott was swatting at Bruce's giant hands, clearly fussing over something on his belt, Diana assumed that was where the Pym Particles had their intake.